Friday, February 18, 2022

Farmhouse Friday 2022 Week 7 - David & Goliath

 Well I woke to an actual tempurature of -18...it's been so cold in the mornings.  As I made my way through the kitchen to the bathroom, Al was up and had the radio on.  The Pointer Sister's song "I'm so excited" was playing, I started dancing the rest of the way, stopped outside the door to shake it some more.....ahaha.   I forgot that I went to bed with a back ache, I twisted it wrong or something - I was so thankful, my back didn't hurt!  I didn't make it to church last night, but they prayed for me.  Yay!

There isn't much "farm" going on at the farmhouse this month either.  I need to look for my seed catalog and start dreaming and planning.  

My absolute favorite part of ANY week is my "Lauren Day!"  I am going to miss this when she goes to school in the fall.  Now any credit given to this little angel, has nothing to do with me!  Rather the amazing job Justine and Josh are doing.  I'm just Gramma Bird...truth, any little bad thing...teehee...she might get from me...like "butter makes everything better" or "desserts first" or "it's just a tistatee taste" (yes, I like food!  She does too!)

Here is what happened this week, I am still laughing about it!

Almost as soon as I got in their house, she was talking about David & Goliath.  She ran down to her bedroom and came back with her Bible.  I'm going to stop here, because, it was a dejavu moment for me!  Justine, when she was just like 2/3 had a tiny Bible she carried around with her EVERYWHERE.  I remember one time we went to a restaurant and Al said, "does he have to carry the Bible in?"  She did!  

So Lauren asks me "where is the story of David & Goliath?"  Oh boy..."Hey Siri, where is it found in the Bible the......(help)."  We found it.  I Samuel 17 - I said "it's kind of long, 60 verses"  she says, "skip to the giant part" (ahahah!).    As I read the story, changing my voice for each character, she sat watching me with her big eyes.  When I was done, I said, "Gramma Bird knows a song about this" and I started to sing "only a boy named David, only a babblin' brook, only a boy named David and 5 little stones he took, only a boy named....."  then she says "Gramma Bird, this sounds like a long song, don't sing it" ahahaha!!! she cracks me up.  

I said "do you want to make a sling?  We could try using your craft supplies."  So as we sat down, poking holes in felt, trying to find some strechy string for the sling I said "too bad we don't have some rocks."  I hardly got this off my lips and off she ran to her bedroom and comes back with a tiny tin.  Another dejavu moment as Justine had "treasure boxes" filled with all kinds of things as a child.  "I do have some rocks!"  So, I said "well, lets go look for a babblin' brook"  She quickly says "No Gramma Bird it's Babylon" I about lost it and I said "No not Babylon, babblin'" she said "it's called Babylon!"  Ok.....stop it...she is so smart. 

 "Yes, Babylon was a place" I said, but "babblin' is like water running over rocks."  So, off we went to the bathroom where we played in the water washing rocks and eventually her horses for a horse show we had after nap.  

She is just too cute for words!  

I don't know how anything else I did this week tops that!  And, truthfully, I've had an amazing week filled with many blessings!  God is so good to me!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, how those little ones bring back memories for us. I loved this, every babblin, Babylon bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the two of you have the best of times. She is blessed to have you in her life (and, yes, yes! You are blessed to have her in your life.) Any time a child reaches for a bible is a good time indeed. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reaching for a Bible is a good thing. Her favorite song, I often hear her singing it, is "Mary did you know?" she is such a little love!

      Delete
  3. What a fun post. I even laughed and smiled reading it! Happy weekend! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you and the little one...Best times ever... Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now we need to add more through adoption for Anna!

      Delete