Thursday, January 28, 2021

Snowman Day

 Snowman Day

I'm blessed to be able to spend 1 day a week with my little grandlove.  She is so smart!  While she loves playing "horses," I just about ran out of ideas for that.  So, I plan to do some days as themes.  Yesterday was Snowman Day.  

We made marshmallow snowmen for snack time.  

Then for project time, we made melting snowmen.  I found the idea on Pinterest and it is super easy.  You mix baking soda and water until the consistency of play dough.  You can make any shape, but we did a snowman.  You can add buttons, sticks and other accessories to make the face - we used cloves.  I made mine a few days before and put it in the freezer.  It actually felt and looked like real snow.   Then you put some vinegar in a squirt bottle, drip it the snowman and watch him melt.   I have a cute video, but it won't come up on the blog.  

If you want to keep a toddler busy, this is a good idea.  Even after the snowman melted, we let the baking soda settle to bottom of pan and she wrote out her letters, used the "arm" sticks to draw in the pan - it was an hour of playing with that.  

Then we made snowman pizza's for lunch.  I used Naan bread for the crust.  


We read the book "What Snowmen Do At Night" then we took a nap.  Well, mostly Gramma Bird did...ahahha....  

Next up Ground Hog Day.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


8 comments:

  1. What a fun snowman day you had. Great ideas. If it had snowed, it would have been even more snow perfect! A cutie for sure your grandbaby is. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She sure is! I can't wait for the day when I can actually share her picture. Foster care has rules...I get it...but, Lord willing after adoption I'll be sure to share her cute face!

      Delete
  2. Oh how I miss those "project" days...my son just loved doing that sort of thing. Unfortunately, I had way too little time to do as many as we should have. Your snowman day, though, did remind me of the snowmen we made from washing powder...I still have them somewhere although I am sure my son doesn't even remember them. The melting snowmen look adorable! Ahhhh, how nice it would have been to have a resource like Pinterest when my son was young. Then again, I likely would have had even LESS time available LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, wish we had Pinterest when my girls were young too. No one ever has enough time, as they all grow up too fast. Yes, too much "surfing" and not enough "serving" - hey, I just came up with a blog post...thanks Robin

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun day for both you, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. Do you celebrate groundhog day, or is that just an Amerian thing? I'm doing corn muffins with little hot dog sticking out for the groundhog. I look forward to my day with her!

      Delete
  4. What fun to have a snowman themed day, your projects are very clever.

    ReplyDelete