Thursday, January 7, 2021

Cultivate Character

 Cultivate character posts, will hopefully leave you with something to ponder.  As I try to cultivate a better version of myself, I will share my journey.  Maybe, you can benefit from it.

I have struggled with competing and comparing for decades.  I don't need to go into all the trama and drama in my life that has led me to the culmination of these feelings.  I share these character weakness with you as part of my process in overcoming.  

Last year, pre Covid, I started counseling.  I was able attend several sessions, but truthfully, I felt more discouraged.  It could have been the dredging up a pool of emotions or maybe I wasn't totally ready but, I may or may not have "turned the tables" on my counselor.  It just bothered me that I felt judged.  I am what I am...but I ended up saying..."well, don't you ever feel this way?  You're a woman too."  Anyway, that was my last session due to Covid and my not wanting to return.  However, I have worked on this via youtube.  That youtube is amazing!  

This statement from a channel I follow, had to do with being an artist, but also life.  

"Art comes in many forms, complex and simple and each has it's own worth.  Even if your projects don't turn out exactly as you wished, don't judge it too harshly.  When we compare our creations with those of another, we devalue the story of the item we made.  It may not be perfect, but it is your own.  Living is an art, make it your own, don't compare your story with that of another."  

Oh, I love that!  


A good cultivator will dredge up the dirt, prepare the soil so that we may plant the seeds.  My process of compare and compete - it's not complete, I am still waiting for the fruit.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. This was a most inspiring post Jacky and spot on about the cultivator. Look forward to more and more! Still say you should write a book. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying so. I look forward to more cultivating...maybe I'll dig up a book...ahahah

      Delete
  2. I really like that quote...I might have to save it for future "reference." I would never really say I am "competitive," but I have always struggled with comparing myself with others...and always finding myself "short." Perhaps that's why I embrace primitive crafts so much....sometimes the "wonkier" the better in that world. And, slowly, but surely, I am learning to apply that to my own views on self-image. I wish I had not wasted so much of my younger years cheating myself of that little bit of confidence. ~Robn~

    ReplyDelete