Tuesday, January 19, 2021

 


The Scholar with Correction

I read the name of this typewriter and knew I would write a blog post about it.  Most times, it's the little things that inspire me.  

This vintage, electric typewriter is at the virtual living estate sale we are doing.  If you want to see other items still available and new ones I'll be listing tonight, click on the link in the side bar or here:  Town Hall Trinkets On Line Estate Sales 

Social media, no matter the platform, has created a "scholar" out of many.  Giving a voice to anyone who is an "expert," in a hobby, farming, gardening, baking, junking, creating and their knowledge in that area, makes them a "scholar."  You may not agree with the term "scholar" for these "influencers," but they are.


I found this quote interesting....that's all I'll say....

"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid"  Proverbs 12:15

Accepting correction is hard.  Children often pout, become sassy, stomp, cross their arms even run away when faced with correction.  Teenagers rebel, explore, experiment, make mistakes all while fleeing correction.  Adults, fight, seperate, divorce, quit, sue, move all while avoiding correction.  This is just a simple reflection, however, it's a wise person who can accept correction.  

We each have areas we are "scholars" in.  Let's study to gain knowlege, improve ourselves and be willing to accept life's corrections along the way.  

I try to moderate myself in words of correction as they don't taste so good served as seconds.  Just little things I think about.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.    



6 comments:

  1. Lots of food for thought in this post Jacky. I love all of the quotes...but the one about words of correction not tasting so good served as seconds I like the best I think. It is something I struggle with more often than I care to admit. And your observations of how corrections are accepted (or not) at all our stages of life are so very accurate. I never thought of many of those behaviors in those terms. I am not sure I will even tempt myself by looking at what will be offered tonight.... It seems I am not quick enough to claim the things my heart lands on. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, that one just came to me, but I've quoted it to myself several times already.

      Delete
  2. What an honest perfect post regarding scholars. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote, the verse and the way you shared it via blog. Food for thought and I have some thinking (and praying) to do. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete