Friday, January 8, 2021

Cultivate Culture

 In these posts, my use of the word "culture" will take on different meanings depending on the definition of it I use.  

The culture today, amid pandemic, social distancing, mask wearing, mandates, business closure, safer at home, no family visits, no hugs or shaking hands, all the "things," has become our daily routine.  With that, comes a wide range of opinions and feelings that compound on all the emotions.  I know that the health care workers are stretched thin, so are emotional health care professionals.  I dare say, I'm sure even they could use some of their own emotional support.  

I read a blog post by: Mamas Mercantile where she shares her feelings about this.  She lives on the Isle of Lewis.  Check out her post here:

  http://mamasmercantile.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-beauty-that-surrounds-us.html

In reading her post, I came up with this little quote:

"Find happy in good, instead of wishing for what could"

As we cultivate this new year of 2021, I want to not only be mindful of that quote, but write down at least 1 thing each day that I found "good" in.  

The American Culture of 2021 may look ugly to the world, but I will still be happy and find joy.  My hope doesn't rest in a president, truthfully, I don't even think we "need" one...but, I digress.  We can't put our hope in this old world and the people in it.  However, it is my goal, ministry to invest hope into it.  

When I start to feel the old doldrums (to quote mamas merchantile) and we all have them, I will try to find happy in some good.  Focus on what I can do and not what I could.



Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. I think your words...and the sentiments expressed in Mamas Mercantile post...have been echoed by many in this first week of this new year. It is becoming more and more difficult to find that morsel of joy...or good...or that glimpse of that beauty...but we must continue to look until we see it or we shall, indeed, be lost and without hope. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to remind myself of the happy. Last year I took a photo a day of something that made me smile. It was good to have the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your doing that. Now, this year, you can add little quotes to your album.

      Delete