Wednesday, January 13, 2021

January Cultivating Friendships

 




Wisconsinites, well this one at least, are enjoying a mild winter so far.  I am glad for that, as we have been working on housebreaking puppies.  My day consists of multiple times of in and out, all day and early morning (3:45 today - it's hard to fall back to sleep once you've been outside in the cold).  

Yesterday, my friend, who is an excellent cook, had me and another friend over for brunch.  I regret not taking pictures of all the food she made for just us.  She made my favorite, little smokey sausage, wrapped in bacon, smothered in sauce; a beautiful fruit pizza, almost too pretty to cut into; cheesy, creamy hashbrown bake; mini quiche in wonton shells; and we finished with creme brulle.  We were so spoiled with her treats!  

My other friend made me the log cabin quilt with a sweater snowman in the pictures above.  I LOVE it!  

It was so nice, getting together with friends! I'm a social person and I miss my people!  I'm also more of an optimist, so if I am feeling this, I can't image how the rest are handling it.   A mild January helps!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Link to:

  https://mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com/2021/01/vintage-charm-party-267-and-2020.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MyThriftStoreAddiction+%28My+Thrift+Store+Addiction+%29


  

2 comments:

  1. We have had an unusual Winter here too! However my furnace thanks me, and I like the lower heating bills. Sound like you had a grand time with friends and the meal sounds fantastic! Love your snowman too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brunch sounds incredible! What a sweet friend to do that!! And I love your little snowman mat!! You truly have some good friends I'd say! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete