Monday, April 20, 2020

What's a Business Owner To Do?

Let's start off with this, this is not a political post.  I actually HATE those.  I don't join any groups, share posts on social media sites....it's all too polorizing.  I have family that are D, R, I and L so, no one wins when you spout off all your views.  I've done that before and it alienated me from the ones I loved.  That was Dicky Bird then, this is Dicky Bird now.  I save all my opinions and conspiracy theories for only a select few.   Lucky them!  LOL 

Were do I look for my answers as to what to do?  Well, my guide book is the Bible.  It may not be yours, so you don't have to finish reading....however, if you do choose, here is my thoughts.  

Romans 13 New International Version (NIV)

Submission to Governing Authorities

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.  

Now, don't think that I am "happy" with what is going on.  I am not!  In fact, if Illinois cabin owners bring that crap up here and NO ONE is infected north of 52, east of 17....it better stay that way if I've stayed home!  It isn't fair that, other states that surround us, with way more infected are reopening on April 30, May 1 and Wisconsin remains closed until May 26.  Don't fool yourselves....you know all of those cabin owners are going to come up here...o.k....now I'm done now.

With all of that said, I am held to a higher authority than Donald Trump or Tony Evers!  My authority is God Almighty.  If He, in His word, tells me to submit to authority, the authority He established - I must obey.  I will, as long as what they are telling me to do isn't in conflict with His word.  I am not in submission to "them" rather HIM as a "matter of conscience."

I know, Dicky Bird, where is your patirotism?  Why are you not exercising your civil disobedience?  Your business has been directly affected by this, are you not going to take a stand?  

I guess, I am taking a stand - doing what was ordained by God to do - submit.  You may choose not to, that's your business.  As for me and my business, I will follow the rules.  "Then do what is right and you will be commended," That isn't an earthly one I seek, money comes and money goes, people buy and people sell - I'm thinking on my eternal one.  


There will be plenty of this - when the time is right.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  








7 comments:

  1. Bob decided to start selling on Ebay. He has been at the Post office every day now for a week. Folks who cannot purchase in stores are sure buying online. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have an online site for my business....I've been selling on that...doing pretty good too...some deliveries, some wating, some pick ups...

      Delete
  2. Very nicely written. Thank you for sharing from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely written. Thank you for sharing from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of your most thought-provoking posts yet (at least that I've caught LOL). I think your passage from the bible is truly interesting... Yes, I believe it is saying that we should not disobey the "law" (i.e., governing authorities)...but I don't read it as saying that we cannot protest (in all ways legal of course) a course of action that those governing have taken and with which we disagree. It may be a fine line of distinction....but you know us attorneys. ;-) Robin

    ReplyDelete