Monday, April 6, 2020

Motivational Monday - Safer At Home

Another Monday with "safer at home" order in place.  I don't know if Governor Evers knows, but I'm NOT safer at home...I am baking and cooking like a crazy woman...Hahaha.  My daughter's mother-in-law shared something funny...."I have gained my Covid 19 (like Freshman 15)."  That is the truth!

I believe, well it's true for those I talked to, that when you can't do something, or rather, don't know what to do to fix something, you turn to doing what you know how to do; that which gives you comfort.  To me...it's food.  





I enjoy all aspects of food.  Planting seeds, growing and raising our own, canning, freezing, cooking and baking.  I've posted several recipes I made up over the past few days and more is on the way.  I should be cleaning more, working on organizing but, that doesn't give me comfort...teehee!  However, this week I will be working on that more.  I HAVE to!  

So for this Motivational Monday, I want to remind you, during this safer at home - month?!? who knows, to take time to do something that gives you comfort.  The beauty of this is that we shouldn't even feel guilty about it.  We've been "ordered" to stay at home, so we might as well do the stuff we never have time for and always wish we did.  Enjoy!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  



4 comments:

  1. awwww, yes, cooking, eating, it is all about comfort!!! food = love to me, if you want to say i love you, cook for me!!

    that looks like a quiche and looks really amazing!!! the bread looks pretty awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food has become a real focus here too whilst still trying to be thrifty to limit having to go out for shopping. I am so thankful for my well stocked pantry and freezer. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say more chips, king dons, cookies and such have gone in my stomach since working from home. LOL Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha....guess I should have read this post before I commented on your prior one. Yes, everyone seems to be cooking/baking more. I think it's great...my jeans not so much LOL. Good thing we can run around in seats and jammies all day. ;-). That bread looks awesome (I am a bread junkie)...and is that a quiche??? How I love a good quiche. Do you do take out LOL? Happy Monday! Robin

    ReplyDelete