Monday, December 3, 2018

Nutty Banana Cake

I love to make up my own creations when I bake and cook.  This one came to me as I'm trying to clean out my pantry.   So I came up with this cake:  Nutty Banana Cake


Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl:

1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t allspice
1/4 t salt


Cream together:

1 stick soft butter
1/2 C peanut butter - mine was chunky variety


Mix wet ingredients in a bowl:

3 mashed bananas
2 eggs
1/2 C (raw) honey


Add the wet mixture to the creamed butter and slowly add the dry ingredients.  Pour into a prepared square pan.  

Bake 350 for 35 min. or until done.


Once cooled, dust the top with sifted powdered sugar.  

My family liked it.  In fact, I'm enjoying a piece right now with a cup of coffee.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


3 comments: