Friday, December 14, 2018

2018 - Year in Review - Most Embarrassing

I am doing several blog posts to close out 2018 with my year in review - most _(fill in the blank)_____.   My disclaimer is, I'm not the brightest bulb, I'm technologically challenged and not the most social media savvy.  With that said....here goes....

If you follow along, you know that Lisa and I worked several living estate sales this year.  At each one, I take pictures so that I can post them to Craigslist and other social sites.   We happen to be working on the Podolske sale and my phone was full of photos.  Lisa and I have a booth at Once & Again in Birnamwood.  Carl and Darlene are the owners.  They like to come to our sales.  This particular sale had many items I thought Carl would like.  So, when I was restocking my booth, I gave him my phone so they could preview the items.  

As I pulled them up, I said "just scroll this way...."  As they were looking and asking questions about some of the items, he stops, turns the phone to the side, then back again and says, "what is this?"  He turned the phone to me....I had no idea what that was...my mind was thinking of all the items at that house....nope, I don't know.  

Then it hit me, blue and white stripes?? hmmmm....I screamed..."Carl, give me back my phone!!"  He quickly handed it back to me.  I started laughing and laughing.....he and Darlene looked at me and said "what is that?"  I couldn't even get it out, because I was laughing so hard!  "It's me....in my underwear....Carl!!!!  I'm so sorry!"  He said...."well, I couldn't make it out anyway" and they both started laughing.  Here he is, a Christian man with grand and great grand children looking at my phone with his wife and I'm showing him a picture of me in my underwear.    It was only a small snippet of the side and blurry, but still!  

I was thinking about how did that even happen!?  Who knows...trust me, at my size and age I don't take pictures of me in my underwear!  However, this did teach me a lesson...phone down until fully dressed!

You know, these types of things happen to me all the time.  I don't get excited or upset, I laugh them off.  You know what scripture says...."A joyful heart is good medicine."  I look forward to more embarrassing moments in 2019 of which I'm sure to share!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.   


3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I probably shouldn't laugh, but I couldn't help it! I haven't done a photo of me in my underwear by mistake (or on purpose lol) but I have taken some really strange phone photos that I have no clue what they are. I swear sometimes the thing just goes off but when I want it to work I have to unlock it with a code or my thumb. Silly thing. At least he saw the funny side of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, the phone has a mind of it's own....yes, I did and still do find this funny

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the laugh Jacky. Good reminder to be dressed before grabbing my phone. Janice

    ReplyDelete