Wednesday, December 12, 2018

2018 Year In Review - Most Rewarding Experience

I'm doing several blog posts to end out this year titled:  "2018 Year in Review - Most _____ (fill in the blank).  

This one is my most rewarding experience.  Now, that's a pretty tough title to fill.   I've been blessed with many wonderful experiences in 2018.  However, I picked this one, because teaching my "classes" has been so rewarding to me in my personal growth (you can read about it here:  https://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2018/11/teaching-at-uwsp-needle-felting.html).  

So, from pre-K children up to 70+, I've taught and shared my needle felting, fiber arts with so many new students this year.   

I had a class scheduled with students ready to learn at our Ringle town hall location, when a friend of mine, who owns The Clay House in Weston offered to host the class at her studio.  She wanted to learn how to felt as well.   I can't thank Gretchen enough - from the location, the lighting and the laughs....teehee...it was so much better than what it would have been.   https://www.facebook.com/clayhouseonline/  She even asked me to come back for another collaboration.  I'm excited!  I have an idea that combines both her painting and my felting into one project.  I hope we can do it.  







UWSP - Marathon County has also asked me back again to teach another sculptural needle felting class.  This time it will be 3 eggs and a chick.  



I will also be teaching "What to Keep, What to Sell and What to Donate" - my mini estate consulting class at the UWSP - Marathon County.  Both will be part of their continuing education opportunities for the Spring of 2019.  So, I guess, I will be teaching in 2019.   How rewarding!

What was one of your most rewarding experiences in 2018?

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds really great! I wish I was closer so I could come to one of your classes. I know that one of the most rewarding experiences this year was when husband, myself and oldest son did the Escarpment Trail at The Lake of the Clouds. It was nice to be able to walk it (lots of up and downs and hills) but the views were just spectacular. The weather turned out just beautiful (after storms and floods a few days before). Not sure it was the most rewarding but definitely something that comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! It sure is beautiful up in the UP - Porcupine Mts. Spending time with family in a beauitful place is very rewarding.

      Delete