Monday, December 3, 2018

Motivational Monday - What Do I Have to Offer?

I'm not sure if anyone under 50 understands how life was not too many years ago.  No cell phones, internet, face book, instagram and even blogging.  Bloggers, remember when this was it - the thing to do?  Oh, how we've lost so many writers.  

Anyway, I've been looking at YouTube.  Something I hadn't really done before.  I follow a few ladies on instagram and they have channels.  So, I started watching and following those that they follow.  Anyway, it had my thinking about my life and what I could offer.  I remember doing another Motivational Monday post on relevancy, read it here:  https://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2014/09/motivation-monday-staying-relevant.html

I did create a YouTube channel, but I guess, I'm not sure what to do on it.  As I watch these channels, the women, their children, homesteads and stage of life they are in - you know, I've been there, done that already.  They are relevant because they are in the "middle" of it.  I can relate, because I've experienced these things too.  Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy watching them, but sometimes I think, you know, I would have done that this way.  Most of homesteading lessons are taught to us by what not to do.  "I won't do this, that way again."  It's true!

So, then it hit me, I can offer, experience, wisdom and maturity in skills and age that might be helpful to them.  They can rejuvenate in me a new love and desire for getting back to the basics and taking time to rekindle my passion.  

You know when I was 30 in the middle of farm and family, there weren't resources like YouTube.  It was looking it up in a book.  Now, all you need do is go to the search window and type in "how do I trim a goat's hoof?"  Visuals too!  What a blessing (when used appropriately).  

So, what do I have to offer...I guess age and experience...hard to believe, time surly goes by fast.  What do you have to offer?  Think about it and I challenge you to develop your passions.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


2 comments:

  1. That made me think..what do I have to offer?
    Patience was the answer that sprung to mind along with age and experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy watching some YouTube channels. The ones I usually watch are crafty ones. I have subscribed to yours and look forward to how it evolves. I think sometimes people start out with one thing in mind and it becomes something else.

    What do I have to offer? I'm not sure. I admit to not having a lot of confidence so I don't think I could even get in front of the camera. I am good at listening to people so I could lend a sympathetic ear if needed (that obviously doesn't work on YouTube lol), a shoulder to cry on and hopefully a few hugs on a bad day.

    ReplyDelete