Saturday, February 4, 2023

Farmhouse Friday February 3, 2023

 Well, this has been a week!  

We are starting a bathroom remodel, which leads to new flooring throughout the front 3 rooms so also a laundry and entry remodel.   

We bought and remodeled our farmhouse the fall of 1994 -spring of 1995.  We moved in April 1995 - Anna had her 1st birthday here.  It's time to do some things over again - mostly the bathroom.


This is the before picture I will use.  I forgot to take one at the beginning when it had stuff in it.  Our main thing we are doing is closing that door off and moving it to where the shower is to come into the bathroom from the laundry.  It's like an old farmhouse to put your bathroom right next to the kitchen...why??  The wall to the right is where my stove is...we have hated that door there forever!  

In moving that door, we are taking away Ginger's hiding spot.  Oh, look at those walls, she was trying to help....for the past 2 years!!  She may be part of the reason why we are doing the laundry room too....eeeekkk!


That wall is now a door into the bathroom and I can not tell you how many times she has tried to figure out where here little spot went.  It's still there to an extent.  She is so confused.  

This project will be going on for a while, I'll do updates.

So we also finished our January estate sale.  We met and settled with our client, she was very pleased.  This week, was a bit crazy with meeting for additional pick ups of sold items, but, it's in the past now.  I am so thankful for the selling group I created as part of my business page - facebook marketplace sucks!  When something isn't selling on the business group, I post it on there.  Awful....scammers, no shows, zillion questions....for nothing!  

We are going to Iron Mountian, MI....Al must love me...I want something for our bathroom remodel, none in stock anywhere - the store checked all of Wisconsin.  There is one in Iron Mountain, which is only 2.5 hours north, which is close enough to us to save on shipping and waiting.....it's the waiting that was going to be hard to do...we want to finish the project.  I hope this turns out how I have it in my head.  Thing is, I NEVER would have thought about this idea, but my great-nephew, Ethan said something and off I went - dreaming - Al wasn't on board, he is now though!  (wink, wink)

Well, I hope you all have a great weekend.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.    



10 comments:

  1. It’s going to be worth all the effort in the end. Can’t wait to see “ after” pictures. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think remodels are hard but I always live the results. Sounds like you have been your busy self.
    Enjoy your trip for your need parts
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice little ride. We found what we needed and had a famous UP Pasty.

      Delete
  3. Well, now you have me muy curious over this special item that you want for your remodel. Good luck and looking forward to following along on this journey although it reminds me that I never did finish my WWR series LOL. Poor Ginger! ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I was ever in Iron Mountain, Iron River, yes. Wow so pretty crossing the Menonomee River even in winter. Oh, it's not my normal style, but I am beginning to like it - not a primitive to be found in that room. Well except Al and I hahaha

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see it finished! We have to re-do ours, but I keep putting it off. I'd rather someone just pick everything and do it so I don't have to decide. Wow, that is nice of Al! Iron Mountain is a lovely area. Hope you get to see some views. I saw on Instagram you managed a pasty. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossing the Menonomee River, that area, was beautiful. It was a nice day for a ride too. The pasty was so good! Al isn't a meat and potato kind of guy, so he wasn't a fan. He would have liked it better if it were just all meat no veggies. I've had them before, he had too but didn't remember....ahaha

      Delete
  5. My gramma H's bathroom was off her dining room in which you came into the house from the ack porch. It is where my grandpa would take a shower when coming in for the day and change clothes before eating supper. Gosh its been forever since I have been to Iron Mountain. Good luck with your remodel. Look forward to seeing the after pics. I hope Ginger finds a new spot. Good luck on your drive and safe travels. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm sure that was the thought in planning. Come in from barn or field, wash up and eat. Lord knows that's probably all those old timers did. That part of WI and the UP are so pretty! We plan to do something for her...next to the door, on the other side. Maybe even an actual little "nook."

      Delete