Friday, February 24, 2023

Farmhouse Friday - February 24, 2023

 How is it the last Friday of February already?!?

What has been going on here at our little hobby farm this week?

Well, still working on bathroom remodel.  


Snow days, Gramma Bird lunch day, voting, $10 Tuesday and working at my little office just about rounds out this week.  It sounds like I'm on repeat from last week.  However, it is winter in Wisconsin not much else to do...ahaha!

I read something this week that really resonated with me.  It was part of my Noom lessons.   "When you let things fester in your mind, you're feeding it.  When you let it out on paper, you're freeing it."  I told my friend Lisa this and she came up with:  "write it up, light it up" and it evolved into "talk it out, toss it out."  All good....so I started out today with "accountability Friday."  I sent out 2 messages....(clap, clap!)  More for "Free in '23."

Well, I am going to empty this cupboard.  I've enjoyed the cozy soft lights, wool blankets, antique snowshoes and teddy bears....but, I'm ready for some spring decor.  


Here is what I did for February.







I made roasted cornish hens this week.  I was laughing thinking about when my dad had my mom make him some.  We had a large family, a small chicken wouldn't feed anyone.  I must have been like 8 or 10 and I never saw such a tiny bird before.  I remember thinking it was a "baby" chicken and my dad was so mean to eat it.  Now that I am a chicken lady, I know the difference between breeds.  They were so good!

What's up for the weekend?

I hope to go snowshoeing in all this fresh snow.  Supposed to be nice Saturday.  It's too cold this morning!  


Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. Love the tile you chose! This is going to be good!! You have a great collection of vintage Valentines...I still haven't dug mine out. I have never made Cornish hens. But husband made them once for us and I guess they weren't really a favorite. Perhaps I should try again as my tastes seem to constantly change. I have a pan of Bordelaise sauce simmering on the stove...and plans rolling in my head on what I'm going to do with it. 😉 I heard someplace more snow tonight?? I probably should check the weather LOL. Stay safe and warm.... ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds tasty, you probably could serve that on anything! It's morning and we did get a few inches. The title has proven challenging for our them, old house, old angles. Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  2. I would need to get 2 cornish hens to cook. Bob has a healthy appetite. LOL LOVE LOVE your Valentine's displays! Well done for Valentine's. I also am slowly taking down my Valentine's and adding in some Spring displays. Getting the itch with the days getting a bit longer now. Bathroom is looking good! Have a great weekend. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did cook 2 ahaha....I had 1/2 of one (wink, wink). Thanks. Yes, our days are getting longer!! Hip Hip Hooray!

      Delete