Friday, February 10, 2023

Farmhouse Friday February 10, 2023

 Welcome to Farmhouse Friday and my blog!

This week, we continue the remodel project in the bathroom.  You never know all the things that come up, until you take down drywall.  So, Reggie and Ethan did lots work, behind the scenes...or walls....these most important things to make everything correct for their finish work.  




Al and I have been picking out fixtures, flooring, tiles and paint.  I like the color I picked for the bathroom and I bought it already.  I went back to look at colors for the entry and laundry.   I picked colors in the warm palette tones.  After I got home and looked at my walls....they were almost the same colors that they are and have been for a long time.  I wanted something "different."  Good thing, I didn't buy them.  So, off I go to look at different colors again.  I guess I know what I like and I stick to it.



I grew up, for lack of a better description, in the "picking business."  I know (knew) many of the "old timers" as in antique dealers from when they would come to my mom's sales.  That generation of pickers are getting up there and many are no longer with us.  One such lady was Marlene.  She passed on now and her daughter is working on selling her inventory.   Lisa and I are doing the antique show in March and our theme is "paging through the decades."  We want to have almost all ephemera, post cards, paper, books, art and other memorabilia related to that.  Heidi let us look at what her mom had.  I only picked out the "cute" stuff.  After the first tub, I said "better add me up, I may already be at my limit."  I did buy a huge binder of awesome Valentines.  


Oh boy, I found so many that I like...eeek!

Well, hopefully I can prime the drywall and paint the bathroom this weekend.  I also want to sand down the old original shiny paint on this old built in cabinet we installed nearly 30 years ago in my laundry room.  I don't really want to paint it, I just want to knock it down a bit and do a gel stain finish or something.  If that doesn't look good, then I'll paint it.  


I'm sure some of that will come back on the shelf as I like all of it.  I may switch it up a bit.  We will see....

What do you have planned for the weekend?

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. It's cute stuff.. but ya..there's a lot going on... I like to pile it on myself...Fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will continue to show your bath remodel progress. I would love to remodel one of ours. Love the valentine that says he will go out to the garden and eat fuzzy worms. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the valentines! you will love your new bathroom.
    That shelve is wonderful.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful old Valentine's I have a few myself. Love the items on your shelf. Cannot wait to see the new paint on the walls! Will look wonderful I am sure. I am making wings and a few appetizers for the football game. We only watch for the commercials and will probably not even watch the whole game. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know that routine of wanting something different and ending up with something so similar LOL. What a beautiful built-in in your laundry...and huge! Yikes. Lucky girl you! Love the old Valentines too. I have a whole binder (and then some) somewhere. I used to display at least some of them at Valentine's, but they were packed away for WWR and I haven't bothered with them since. Kinda sad. Might have to dig them out and see where I can put a few next year. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the old Valentines! RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete