Thursday, January 12, 2023

Silly Things Thursday

 "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."  Proverbs 17:22


A few jokes to make you laugh:

"I inherited my great-grandfather's wig making equipment.  It's a family HAIRloom."  

"I have a friend who writes ballads about antique sewing machines.  He's a SINGer, songwriter it SEAMS."  

A sales rep, an administration clerk and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp.  They rub it and a genie comes out.  The genie says, "I'll grant each of you one wish."  "Me first, me first!" says the admin. clerk "I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world."  Poof she was gone.  "Me next, me next!" says the sales rep. "I want to be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of Pina Coladas and the love of my life."  Poof he was gone.  "Ok, you're up," the genie says to the manger.  The manager says, "I want those two back in the office after lunch."  


Not sure what shop had this, but I think I would like the owner.

We did a sale with some pretty "interesting" dolls this past fall. 

 


I spent the night there with all of these....I had a customer say, "nope, nope, not me...." when she found out I slept there.  I didn't let my imagination run wild...it wanted to...ahahah!  

Happy Thursday!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laughs!

    Oh wow, that was brave of you to stay with all those dolls. My MIL collects dolls. She keeps hoping I'll like them but some of them are really creepy. They are quite old. I dread to think all the stories they could tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, look them up on ebay, if they are really old ones. I'm sure you thought of that. I will admit, I did sleep in a recliner I pushed into the laundry room...I was not sleeping in that room.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the laughs Jacky. I even read them to Bob and he laughed. My mom has dolls in one of her rooms that I believe are haunted. I DO NOT like them. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some funny antique ones. I was thinking of you when I read some of them.

      Delete
  3. Wowza...that's a lot of doll. Shield's Shed?? Of course the clown is front and center LOL. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were all at the Antigo estate we did....those and waaayyy more!

      Delete