Friday, January 20, 2023

Farmhouse Friday January 20, 2023

 


I had to quick take a picture of the barn while the sun was out.  We've hardly seen the sun for a month!  This week we had the whole gamut of weather.  I've been called "little miss sunshine" but, this is getting even me down!  

We live in Ringle, Wisconsin on 39 acres.  We have raised just about every farm animal you can think of here when our girls were home and in 4H.  I still have 2 rabbits (my little loves), a barn cat, 2 dogs and around 40 chickens of various breeds and ages.  Speaking of that, mine are laying again, just enough for us.  I hear eggs are expensive.  Well, you should try raising chickens....they are expensive too....ahahaha!


I'm still a 4H leader and we had our meeting this week.  I brought the recipe and ingredients to make a no bake cookie.  I was planning on leading it to the cloverbuds (K-2nd).  However, Esther, she is a few years older, came in with her little sister.  I asked "hey, Esther, do you want to run the project?"  Without missing a beat, she said "yes!"  It was so cute how she was talking and sharing tips.  I have to say, I was pretty proud of her!

I tweaked my neck this week - doing yoga I believe.  Good thing I had a therapeutic massage planned.  She really worked it over good.  I'm like 98% better.  

I worked at my little office space I rented.  I was pleasantly surprised that people are picking up their stuff.  I'm only open 1 day a week for now.  I have rows of boxes of "up coming" lots and when a customer comes in they can always pick in those before I post.  Truthfully, I can't believe how well this is working.  Not too many complaints.  Can't please everyone.  

This morning we worked early at our current estate house.  We have to go back early again in the morning.  We have the last lot drop tomorrow at 7 pm ish.  I say 7 pm ish as my nephew is getting married tomorrow.  A very small gathering and everything will be at their church and should all be over by 7 pm.  But, just in case...I added the ish.  

Well, I hope you all had a great week.  What plans do you have for the weekend?  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

8 comments:

  1. The sun?? That was what that bright ball of light in the sky for a brief time this afternoon was??? 😂 I have often toyed with the idea of getting chickens but then talk myself out of it and am glad when I think of wading through snow to care for them...and not being able to go anywhere without trying to find someone to take care of them...or worry about the wolves and coyotes and other predators that seem to enjoy our yard so very much. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as my chickens are quiet, or I can't see them in the yard, I know a hawk is near by. I've not lost too many to hawks. Skunks on the other hand....

      Delete
  2. I love the barn in the snow and sunshine! I love taking photos of barns. The place where you live sounds amazing. I'm sure taking photos of just the chickens would keep me amused ha ha. I think if you ever get tired of working estates you could start a B&B for photographers or travellers :)

    I am so tired of cloudy days. They aren't even good cloudy days. I don't mind puffy cloud days where there is some definition and interest to the clouds, but it's all been so, well, just grey - ugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is an introvert, he'd hate that. I'd love it! I've tried talking him into that over the years as we have another heated building...but, nope. Maybe when he retires and we could use a little extra income.

      Delete
  3. Nothing like a red barn in the snow. I love farm fresh eggs and understand that the grain prices have gone crazy too. WE got some snow and more on the way Sunday night.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the wedding was nice. Also nice to see you had a bit of blue sky and not snow. Janice

    ReplyDelete