Monday, January 2, 2023

"My"onday #1 2023

Back to "My"onday - Mondays are My On Days

January 2, 2023 - #1

I had no idea how much the "Free in '23" would resonate with my followers.  I'm glad.  WE can be free of some unwanted things in 2023.  

Al is on vacation for 1 more day, so I'm not sure how much "my" on this day will be.  He and Paul are helping Lisa and I today at an estate sale house, so part of today will be working. 

I do love these first days in a new year to write in a new planner, set goals, plan new events and adventures.  I also love closing out the old year, putting things in a folder and filing away.  Part of "My"onday will be to do this.  

Our Sunday school service was very encouraging to me.  Our pastor read a portion of scripture I've read before.  However, he shed a different light on one word.  It really had my thinking on it and how much I think his view of this word in this scripture was true.  When we are in our "later days" - not as in the last days (end of times), but our body and it's age, the Lord God is merciful and will not abandon you.  (Dueteronomy 4:31).  

I think back on my mom, when at one time she had to go to a rehab center after a hospital stay.  She was unable, due to a stroke, to get up and "defend" herself if something happened to her.  She was always a fighter.  She made "kleenex bombs"....it is just what it's called.  She took kleenex and filled it with baby powder (all things in her bedside tray) and twisted up the ends.  She told me "well, Dicky Bird, if someone comes in here and hurts me, while trying to transfer me or move me over (that did happen), I will hit them with one of these "kleenex bombs."  It ended up being the facilities reason for "your mom will have to leave."  It's funny/not funny.  I wish I would have known to comfort her with this scripture - "in your later days, He will not abandon you, He will protect you."  I know she knew this, but acting on faith in it was tough for her.  As I age, I see why.

So for this "My"onday, I am encouraged in the message and motivated to act on my faith in His ability to help me too.  I first need to help myself, so He can help me move forward.


My parents, Henry and Christal.

Blessing from Ringle, Wisconsin.   

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of kleenex bombs but I must remember this. Your post was inspirational! Janice

    ReplyDelete