Thursday, March 24, 2022

Winter in Wisconsin


 I would like to officially say, March 2022 was a lion all month.  We had a few "lamb" days, but the cold roar of the lion is the winner!  I think it may now be the third snow on a Robin's back, so mabe it's the last one.....nah!  The year we were married, our anniversary is April 30, the weekend before, we had a huge snow storm.  I was just happy it wasn't our weekend.  A few years back, when we set up actual estate sales, we did one in April.  We moved all the farm stuff from the pole building out in the yard, sure shootin' 20" of snow fell on it all.  That's how it is here in my good ol' state of Wisconsin, at least up here.  

I saw the funniest thing on facebook!  It is so true of me!  



Did you see the Netflix series, The Tiger King?  We did!  That's why I know this is so funny!  

Anyway, I'm off today to go visit our daughter, Anna for a few days.  We have had this planned for some time already.  I will have to wait a little longer this morning before I leave, as the roads are still icy.  

I didn't mention, but we set up at the Wausau Antique Show last weekend.  We had an excellent show!  Honestly, I think the news - the world falling apart - has really dragged me down this month!  I can't even....unreal!....I don't need to add to it by saying my opinion, but, I did/do feel rather guilty to be "going on" with my life, while so many are suffering....is it just me?

I guess, I haven't written my normals, because nothing seems "normal."  I have consumed an enormous amount of carbs this month...oh, comfort food!  Help!  I'm so bloated and my body feels sluggish and downright awful.  Bye, bye white bread...processed foods....this is why we can't be friends.

I will miss Farmhouse Friday .... again .... when I look back at my year in review, I will be reminded of March 2022 and all the "whys" behind the lack of blogging.....

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


10 comments:

  1. Yeah...that white crap was not a happy sight...I can't believe they haven't bothered plowing.... YIKES. I had every intention of coming to the show...it is the one event I try to treat myself to each year but I came down with some kind of nasty stomach flu. Enjoy your visit with your daughter! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our daugher, husband and grand had that flu last week too. The laying on the floor crying type...it hasn't been to my house and it's not invited. There was one whole primitive booth, I've not seen her as a vendor before. I think she has a shop in north west WI...I didn't get the name of it. Anyway, the stuff was super nice - expensive too. I did have a great time cooking and thrifting.

      Delete
  2. Youzers Snow still? Have fun at your daughter sand hopefully you drove safe there. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going down was easy, it was coming home that was dicy/icy until I got to the highway. We had fun thrifting and cooking.

      Delete
  3. Our march has been much of the same and yes we can get lots of snow in April but shhh don't remind mother nature. I hope you are having a great time with your daughter. I just read something on line that antiques and resale is up by 70 percent that the younger people are getting into the act. that is very encouraging news.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to agree, not sure of %, but lots of younger people at the show and buying. Not huge things, but interesting things. I'm not sure if the days of collecting 100's of anything will ever come back, but sales were good!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad the show went well! You deserve it with all your hard work.

    I hope you have a good time with your daughter and have safe travels. Snow forecast here tonight and tomorrow. I am still waiting for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had fun, cooking and thrifting. I commented on your blog about the snow...ahahah

      Delete
  5. That might fit me also...The mouth part for sure...

    ReplyDelete