Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Tips on Tuesday - Book Find

 

I bought the neatest book from our most recent estate sale we are working on.  This lady has some wonderful books and cook books.  Anyway, it's called "A Well-Kept Home" household traditions and simple secrets from a French Grandmother. 

The photos are dreamy!  I've only paged through it so far, but I see many things I will enjoy trying.  That is the "beauty" of what we do, we can pick first.  I left yesterday with Pendleton clothes, wool scarf, felt hat and this book.  She has boxes and boxes of fabric.  I can't wait to dig in all that! 

I wanted to share another little story about what I do.   I know I've mentioned it before, but working in other's homes, estate personal property and the like, I've had some paranormal, spiritual things happen, that I can't explain over the past 30 years (even my whole life).  I'm currently working a few sales together and I've had several quirkey things come to me.  I can't even explain, but I know what they are.  In the past couple months, my "radar" has been "hightened" due to some "enlightening" experiences.  

So, yesterday as I was getting ready, the dogs scared me!  First Ginger walks in the bathroom, she stops, dead in her tracks, looks at the wall up it, in the corner, down it...weird.  I started to video it and she ran out the door.  This room has 2 doors, one off the hall and one off a bedroom.  So next in comes Lady, with rawhide in mouth, she stops dead in her tracks, same spot, looks at wall, looks up in the corner, then back down the wall.  I started to grab my phone and I said "Lady, what do you see?"  Just then, the "closed" door from the bedroom pushes open, I screamed!  Ginger pushed her nose in the crack and pushed it open.  I about jumped out of my skin...ahahha....I didn't know what was coming in the door.  I do believe that we "wrestle not with flesh and blood," but with spirits.  It was too funny not to share.

So my Tip this Tuesday, look for books while thrifting or at estate sales.  I'm sure, new, this book was $30 anyway.  You can find many wonderful books like this for $1-5.  I always look at the craft section and I've found many wonderful pattern books for myself and friends.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


8 comments:

  1. Ha ha....now this is a tip I did NOT need. Books of all kinds follow me home from all sorts of places. I have long since stopped trying to keep them in a manageable manner. No matter where you look or what cupboard/closet you open, there is likely to be a book...or 2...or more. This one does look and sound intriguing though. And, yeah on the visitors from the other side. You know I "get" it.... Stay safe in the weather we are to get tonight/tomorrow. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd "get it" - yes, I plan to still babysit today, but go later after salt trucks go through. My daughter's first appointment is virtual anyway. I have a funeral Friday in Merrill, just hope it clears up by Friday am.

      Delete
  2. I saw that book on your Instagram. It looks lovely! I have 'rescued' several books from Jane's. My favourites have to be the three Gwen Frostic (a Michigan artist) nature books. They are just my thing! She has so many books and, even though I don't need any more, I did bring some of her Mystic Michigan ones back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All those titles sound very interesting, I would have taken them too. Mystic Michigan, is it about spooky places? My MIL booked us a trip with her to Holland, MI for the Tulip festival. A bus trip, so no driving so that will be nice.

      Delete
  3. Well I have had plenty of ghostly encounters so I do believe in ghosts. Great find on the book! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think on the few you have shared often too.

      Delete