Wednesday, November 17, 2021

From the Mouth of

 I still enjoy being a general leader of Popplewood 4H group even though my children are grown and gone.  This week at our meeting for the attendance roll call, each member was to answer with something they were thankful for.  I was so blessed to hear each of their answers.

What touched me to tears, because it is a part of my life now, was the adopted member's answers.  From those, all of them, their answer was: "home, family, pets" and it just hit me that even the simplest; and I don't even want to use that word, even basic needs, doesn't fit for the impact these words had on those particular children.  I was thinking of their lives before. 

When, the club secretary posed that question, I was thinking of what my answer would be....I'm too ashamed to say now.....I am thankful for what it was I was thinking, but I'm even more thankful for "home, family, pets" and that I was reminded of that by from the mouth of....

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  



 

5 comments:

  1. I am thankful for family and friends myself. What a great post! Thanks for sharing and praying for Kenosha. Not sure how close you are to this city. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we live several hours north of Kenosha. Prayers for sure.

      Delete
  2. So true.

    I know that there are things I should be thankful for right now, but I'm struggling. I've lost Mum (coming up on 4 months on Monday) and Jane (a month ago yesterday). It just seems a little much. I know there are a lot of people worse off than me. It's just hard to see families together and being thankful for being together and happy...and I'm just not feeling it right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this has been a tough year for you. It will take time too.

      Delete