Saturday, November 6, 2021

Tempting Offer

 I received a tempting "job" offer this week.  It would be quite the gig had I been a little closer to retirement.  I would really like to do something like it one day, but not today.  When I told my girls about it, Anna said, "I want that gig!"  

I see my longevity, physically doing what I do, ending sooner than I would like.  I could always be like my mentor, Kathy, and hire someone like me as my "legs."  However, truthfully, I don't see doing what I do, being a viable job.  Any and everyone is picking, staging, selling and to a greater audience, than what was available when I began.  I'm truthfully, an old dog and I like the tricks I know.   I saw a very good TikTok that I did share with my great-niece, because she "gets me" and my "plight" in the business.  I so wanted to share it, but I thought it best not to.  I'll just know it's true of me and be happy with that.  See, 7's can do that too...ahahah....wait, I still had to share that I knew something that I wanted to share....help!

Back to the offer, the reason for this post.  I did use my quote, "just because people find you accessible, doesn't mean you have to be accessible" even as flattering as the offer was.  I need to keep plugging away at Town Hall Trinkets, LLC which is my first choice for a "job."  

This upcoming weekend, November 13 & 14, is the Wausau "Park" Antique Show.  Lisa and I have about 2 days available before Thursday to work together to get it all done.  


Have a great weekend!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. Ok...this was plain cruel LOL.... leaving us to "wonder" what the offer was. For shame! And before you say it, yeah, I know "curiosity killed the cat" LOL. Good luck at the show...Maybe I will manage to get there...it is alway one of my favorites... But, wow...it's beginning to sound like EVERYONE is having their holiday shows and sales that weekend. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The offer was a teaching job - folk art - more than part time. 4 like half days a week. Yes, that is a big weekend for events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering what the offer was until I read your last comment. As I get older I'm getting closer to the idea of doing what makes you happy. You seem happy doing what you are currently doing. It's been a real delight watching you grow these past couple of years. Keep doing what you love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying so. I hope to keep doing for several more years!

      Delete
  4. Well I read your post three times because I thought I missed your offer. I see your reply to Robin. I think you would be a GREAT teacher! Good luck at the show. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying so. It really sounded like a good thing, but I already have 4 online estates on the calendar - I will keep doing this for now. Thanks, I hope it doesn't snow....

      Delete