Friday, November 5, 2021

Farmhouse Friday - Early November

I've been in my kitchen most of the week.  When I've not been here, I've been outside.  I am working on some recipes to share.  I don't know why I've never thought of flavored biscuits before.  Where have these been all my life?  

                                               (Gingerbread Biscuits)
                                     (Apple Cider and Squash Biscuits)

I was talking to Anna on the phone and said "we don't buy bread, that way, we won't eat it" and she quickly said "ummm, haven't you been making biscuits all week?"  Touche' my child, touche'!  

I also taught a "painting with wool" class at UWSP Marathon County campus.  I love when students are excited about their projects and needle felting.




This was my sample.

Here is a sample of some of their projects.


The rest of the week, I was taking advantage of the weather and working outside.  Look who came to visit....


This is a zoomed in picture that I sent to Al at work.  Hope he sticks around until opening day.  

I started cleaning out my greenhouse.  I have some little friends who have been eating my sunflower heads....ugh!  I also found some little friends stuck in a spider web and the swallow tail didn't make it out.  I will remember them in a still life.



I had this ivy in a hanging basket, it's still living through a few frosts, so I potted it up to bring in the house.  I used stems/stalks from the sunflowers for the sticks to hold it up. 

This weekend will be busy.  Jon and Anna are coming up because it's Lauren's dedication at their church.  It is also Justine's 30th and Al's 55th birthdays.  I can't believe I became a mom 30 years ago!  My girls may differ in opinion, but I think it is the one thing I did the best job on.  I really threw myself into every aspect of it, involved in all the ways I could and I enjoyed every minute of it.  

I am enjoying my time with Lauren now too.  She is 4 and she is so interested in creating things and cooking.  I took a few samples of my biscuits yesterday.  We did a little walk and pretended like we were lost so we dropped little pieces of biscuit for a trail.  She said "I think I will just eat mine and Gramma Bird, you can drop pieces of yours.....ahahha!"  Then she says, "you make the best biscuits ever" - oh, I know, she doesn't know Red Lobster biscuits yet, but, I'll take the compliment!  One more little thing about her, she is such an encourager.  On our walk, there is a huge rock that she likes to climb.  I am not physically able to, or so I thought.  She says "the more you try the more better you'll get good at it" (LOVE) so, I made myself do it.  Oh she cheered!  

O.k, now I have to clean my house....

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

 

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap...that's a big deer!! Your biscuits look and sound really good, although I have to say I have never been a huge biscuit fan...muffins, scones, bread, yes...but not biscuits...(well, I do like a good biscuit w/ chicken ala king....) Looks like your students did well... I especially like the one in the lower right...so detailed and evocative...and the tree in the middle left is fantastic. Lauren?? Is that your little foster grand?? If so, by sharing her name, does this mean she is no longer a "foster" grand but a permanent one???? (Sorry if I missed this somewhere along the way...my mind has not always fully present...) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin, I like biscits and gravy. My mom made some pretty mean biscuits. These are biscuits with a twist. They could have a drizzle of frosting and make like a lower fat version of a scone. YES! Lauren is official. I was asked not to share her photos etc. on social media or the blog as "I know too many people." So, the next time I see you I'll show you a picture of my granddaughter Lauren. She is such a little love and I can tell you, we have so much fun playing all kinds of silly things on our weekly day together.

    ReplyDelete