Friday, February 16, 2024

Farmhouse Friday Week 7 - Family Fun

 Good Friday Morning

This past weekend, we went to Wisconsin Dells with our children.  In case you don't know, this area is known for all the water parks - outside and in.  Where we stayed, it was all families and not as busy as I thought it would be (super bowl weekend).  We all had so much fun!  


I'm thankful for the time we were able to share.

I started physical therapy this week.  The therapist showed me a stretch, (I need Al to help at home) where she pushed down on the top of my feet/ankle while my knees to my chest.  Wow did that open up that area in my lower back - great stretch.  I also showed her all the stuff we do at Strong Bodies.  Which she said were excellent exercises for me too.  I told her my difficulty with 2 of them and she gave me some tips, I have no idea why I didn't think to do it that way.   

Lisa and I worked all week on setting up the estate sale, it's today and tomorrow.  I have no idea how it will go, as it's mostly glass and dishes.  However, I think that some of that is making a come back.  Let's hope.  We try to keep reasonable prices so that items sell.  We did look almost everything up, she has some super nice things and I guess we have to start somewhere.  Anyway, we split our commission and after guesstimating what we might sell....let's just say, I may be on board with the crazy California Senate candidate asking for a $50 minimum wage...ahaha!   I'm not complaining, as I do like what I do, but sometimes .... the numbers and time don't make "book sense."  I do like that I get to "pick first" so for me that is worth something too.  Here is a link to the sale (if you have facebook) Town Hall Trinkets Online Estate Sales

I guess that was pretty much my week.  

Have you ever worked at something that you loved, but at times doesn't make "book sense?"  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

9 comments:

  1. I am surprised the parks weren't too busy as you're the third group of people I know of locally who went to the Dells this past weekend. I bet the grands had the time of their lives. I'm glad your pt is helping. I've gone so many times but, generally, it only helps while I am there and, if I am lucky, for a brief time afterwards. The at-home exercises never really did much for me. Good luck with the estate sale. I know what you mean about the glassware/dishes. I still have several boxes of my mom's things that didn't sell and I have no use for. I suppose I should pack them up and donate them. I've had a lot of jobs that didn't make "book sense," although I can't truly say that I "loved" any of them unfortunately. But I do sometimes think along those lines when I am stitching and/or hooking. ;-) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was busy, but not as busy as I've been to in the past. We were pleasantly pleased. I am afraid of that too...I have had PT before too and then don't keep up with them at home. I hope I can do it this time. Sale was o.k. - we didn't put ad in paper, just online. Sold some things, but hopefully more today. Oh, yes, I have needle felted items for others and I should be paying them to take it....hours and hours....have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. How fun to go to the water park in the winter. I think glass is coming back maybe not dishes.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, I agree. Yesterday proved it. Lots of single glass pieces sold.

      Delete
  3. Glass does not sell here in Michigan. How fun to have gone with the grands to the park. Glad therapy is going good for you too. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to the Dells, but we do pass by them every time we go to visit daughter ha ha! It always looks pretty busy. We tried stopping nearby for something to eat one time. It didn't happen. Too busy.
    I'm glad you had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. It was a slow sale both days....ahaha....glassware is tough

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. It was a slow sale like I thought it would be. I hope I can tough it out.

    ReplyDelete