Monday, November 7, 2022

It's "My On" day Monday - Close Call

Back to "My On" day Monday.   It's been awhile, but if you need a reminder, my on day, reminds me that today is for me.  My day to be "on" to something I want to do.  I still will fail on most of these Mondays in November, as I am still working on that estate.  But, today I am "on" for me.  

I had a close call Saturday.  I was walking out of the grocery store, pushing my cart, minding my own....and I hear a scream from the right side of me....then "BAM, BAM" I was hit by a car backing up.  She hit me then kept backing up and knocked my cart over - Al turned in time to grab it before it all spilled on the parking lot.  I just stood there....I looked at my left side and her bumper was resting on my side.  She slowly got out of her vehicle and said "did I hit something?"  Oh boy, I didn't yell, swear, lose it...I just stood there.  I said "me....and I already have a bad back..."  With that said, she apologized.  I had no injuries so she got in her vehicle and left.   It is what it is.  Thank the Lord, I didn't fall with the first BAM or she may have backed over me.  So, we were lucky I guess....ahahah.  As luck would have it, I have a chiropractic appointment this morning - need a good adjustment.  


With the extra hour from switching back to standard time, I cleaned off my table (eek) and made that fall tablescape.  

Tomorrow is my husband's 56th and our daughter's 31st birthday.  We had a little early supper last night to celebrate. We also had DQ icrecream cake. 

Do you like standard time?  I must be one of the only people I know who does.  I would rather stay at standard time than to switch to daylight savings.  How about you?

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That is terrible and I am so glad you were not hurt any worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so glad you were not hurt badly. That is so scary. Happy birthday to your hubby and daughter. I am one of the those folks who wished they would leave the time alone. I hate it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am too. I never thought something like that would happen to me. I guess I don't have cat like reflexes anymore....dang it...this aging...

      Delete
  3. OMG I cannot believe she hit you! There was a guy in town that got hit in a grocery parking lot he was in a sling for months you were lucky!
    I do not like this fallback business I hate that it gets dark so early I say leave well enough alone.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am lucky! I've been falling asleep earlier.

      Delete
  4. Oh no! I'm so glad you weren't hurt any worse. What a shock! I hope there are no lasting effects.

    Happy Birthday to Husband and Daughter. Hope they both have a wonderful day.

    I'm really not sure how I feel about the time change. For the first couple of days after I am off-kilter. The nights seem really long too. I do like the brighter mornings - for now.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too! I know I'm going to bed earlier and waking earlier.

      Delete