Saturday, November 12, 2022

Farmhouse Friday Week 45 - Antique Show

 This Farmhouse Friday, I set up and sold at the Wausau Antique Show and Sale at Marathon Park.  It was nice seeing old customers and new ones.  What amazed me the most, were the people coming in with their phones and showing us the pictures I shared on various sites asking for those specific items.  Could you imagine just 10 years ago, this being a "thing?"  I am still not a pro at navigating my way through social media, but I am thankful I figured a few things out that helps our sales.  Saturday is the last day.  Here are just a few vignettes of our booth.




I had several customers message me and want to buy items from my sneak peek photos.  I told them after the show has been open for an hour or so, I will message you, if the items you are interested in are still available, I will let you know.  So I did sell some that way too.  It's crazy, I know, but this is how people shop now.  One customer even did a live video to his wife of our booth.  I could hear her saying "pick that up" or "how much is that?"  Another lady was buying for her daughter who lived in Milwaukee.  She somehow saw pictures of our booth and sent her mom to buy....I don't know how these things work.  Her mom was sending her messages and photos too so she could buy more.  

Well, anyway, we had a good day and hope to have another one on Saturday.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.    

6 comments:

  1. You had some nice pieces glad you were able to sell them. and I am not that well versed in how the phones work either.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I try to be up to date with technology, but I fail...

      Delete
  2. Yes the internet has changed the way folks shop now. We just shipped an item from our gift store last week to Maryland as a customer saw something she liked from our Facebook page. Hope your sales went well! You had some very nice items! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did very well. Thanks! Another "dealer" came at end and bought us almost out. So it was a good show.

      Delete
  3. You're doing a great job with your social media pages. I really enjoy all the photos. You work so hard. I hope you are going to have a break soon!

    ReplyDelete