Saturday, July 10, 2021

Mid Summer Garden Tour

 




We tried a few different things this year with our garden.  First, we made it a bit smaller, of course, now I don't have enough room for all seeds I started.  Also, I LOVE my greenhouse Al built me last year!  I am out there every day, I just love it.  I have a tenant, a cat faced orb weaver spider.  They are very beneficial as they eat garden insects.  This one had a black and white hornet caught in her web.  My own Charlotte's Web.  I don't mind her and she doesn't mind me.  


I am behind with my blogging and haven't shared it yet, but I was on vacation with my daughter in early June.  My garden, for the most part, had a later start.  You have to keep up with the weeding, which is the hardest part of gardening.  Anyway....I spent this past week working on weeding.  I go out early and in my pj's and barefoot, I like to feel the dirt between my toes.  



I just pick, pull and fill a pail, then dump it over the fence.  






I can't wait to see how my "3 Sisters" area looks in the fall.  I did indian corn, Hopi black sunflowers, 1,000 year old cave beans and Lakota squash.  

I remember asking a friend of mine, who has a beautiful, huge garden, "how do you not have any weeds or how do you keep your garden looking so nice?"  She said, "well, it's hard work, but you just keep at it" I was thinking about this while I was weeding and came up with a future blog post or two.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. we just had a week of rain so my weeds are out of control the next 3 days I have off I am going to try and get out early and weed for an hour or two and try to catch up. you garden is beautiful
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is looking great DB....hard to believe you made it "smaller" LOL. Love your gardening outfit too. 😆 I used to run around barefoot as long as my feet did not freeze, but now wear at least flip flops.... One too many mishaps...including a few nails...but there are times yet that I still need to go barefoot. I think it is balancing to connect feet to the ground.... I will be curious to see the progress of your three sisters plot too...so please post updates! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its looking really good. Sadly, my days are long gone of not wearing shoes outside but I can often be seen in my pjs.

    ReplyDelete