Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Easter Egg Bath Bombs - 4H Project

I will post the recipe I found on pinterest, but if I'm being honest, I have no idea if it is what the kid's mixed up...somewhere between 1 T and 3 T (wink, wink)....get the picture.   I did mix this up 2 times at my house and both were "fails" - so, whatever and however they mixed it....it worked!  We did 8 batches, 2 of each color, we made at least 32 eggs.  I think each batch made between 4-5 eggs.  The citric acid was the hardest thing to find other than that, most items were purchased from Dollar General or I had at home.  



Mix dry ingredients together in a metal bowl.  Stir well!

1/2 C baking soda
1/4 C citric acid
1/4 C corn starch
1/4 C Epsom salts



In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients until thick.

2 T oil (I used almond - you could use olive)
1 T water
A few drops of essential oil (or could leave unscented)
A few drops of food coloring
plastic eggs (for the mold)

SLOWLY stream the wet into the dry, whisk the whole time so not to active the "fizzy" .... you'll see when you do it.  



We did a batch of each color.   Press mixture into the eggs, make sure they are tightly pressed and then snap top to bottom and let dry overnight.  You may have to use the tip of a knife to separate dry bath bomb from the egg.  

The club enjoyed making these.  I now, plan to make some for my "Cup & Coop - Vintage Pop Up" only in chicken (farm) shapes.   Have fun.






Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. How fun! You are so creative!!! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool fun. I bet the kids loved it...and the “giftees” of the “bombs”! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete