Monday, April 1, 2019

Motivational Monday - 30 Day Challenge in Spring Cleaning Notes

Good Monday, April 1 morning!  I am starting a 30 day personal challenge.  The challenge is with myself - because, it is with self one mostly struggles.  

I was inspired, yet again, by my little calendar.  This old fashioned paper, flip, daily calendar has been blessing me on the days I need it most.



I just love this!   It ran in the lines with what I had been thinking on about myself and spring cleaning - soul searching kinda thing.  I am not going to list all the things I am challenging myself with.  You know, that is a trap many get into.   I know, accountability....but, not everyone NEEDS to know EVERYTHING you want to hold yourself accountable for.  I think in our social media driven world, everyone knows too much about each other as it is.  The key to accountability is being able to hold yourself accountable with out TELLING the whole world about it.  Call me old fashioned...just don't call me old.  Haha...no, I'm really o.k. with being called old. 

First, I will say, I'm happy with all I accomplished personally in the 1st quarter of 2019.  I challenged myself in teaching, speaking, creating and from those experiences I was empowered.  




It is officially spring!  I'm sticking to my "Spring Cleaning Notes" above to challenge myself.  With that said, as part of my 30 day challenge, here goes:

1. "Oil some dreams...."

On Friday, April 5 from 2-8 pm at District 3 Antiques in Wittenberg, we are c0-hosting a Spring Into Fiber Arts Clinic with Applewood Lane Alpacas.  The clinic will host demonstrations and offer some make & takes.  A time of fellowship and sharing our passion for all things fiber arts with the public.



On Saturday, April 6, at 10 am at Emma Kait's Coffeehaus in Birnamwood, I will offer a class to make this lamb.  I still have 3 openings.  



2. "Polish my heart....."

April also will bring more "Where There's WOOL, There's a WAY" home parties.  So, I plan to be working with wool in April.  However, that's not a challenge for me, as I love it. 

3. "Clean out basement....." 

Now on to this challenge - it will take more than 30 days!  However, I've begun..... I have had to make some realistic adjustments to my business calendar to accommodate 2 estate sales that I knew were coming this year.  Both contacted me late last year and we set out plans on "how can we do this?"  I say that, as each of these sales involve buildings, a storage unit and homes FULL of stuff.  We plan to do these 2 and my own "clean out" sale, all before September.  I haven't mentioned much of this to anyone yet, as I wasn't even sure until this weekend after meeting with each of  these clients, "how" we were going to do it...and truthfully, I don't even know if I can!  It's going to be multiple sales at each.  Al came on my initial appointment at this sale back in the fall, he liked this old truck and they accepted his offer.  As soon as the snow melts and ground dries out,  we will move it here to our farm.     



4. "Mend complaining..."

These estate sales, the ones I've chosen to do this summer aren't just selling some "stuff."  As an estate consultant, my services are to help these families navigate their way to letting go.  If you are not a hoarder like myself, you might not understand or have the empathy needed to see beyond the "stuff."  As I met with each of these clients, I shared with them about my own personal struggles.  I told them I have to clean out one of my buildings and am doing my own sale in June.  You see, it's not just a barn full of old things - to one of my clients it's a multi generational accumulation of "treasures" on a family homestead.  To another, it's not just a storage unit of stuff, it's boxes full of projects never finished.  Or, a collection of "treasures" never displayed.  As these sale progress I will share more on this, but for now, we all move forward.  

5. "Tighten hinge of self control....."  

30 days of....water, tracking, "moving" and smarter choices.

6. "Wash the window....."

I hardly have self control for 30 minutes, much less 30 days.  It's really going to be a challenge for me to stick to the things I am holding myself accountable for.  However, I want to remind myself of this post when I feel weak.  

Maybe this has your thinking about a 30 day challenge for yourself.  Whatever it is, take heart in those "Spring Cleaning Notes" to guide you to your personal success!  Good luck!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. I read this post with great interest. Spring brings on so many feelings of wanting to start fresh, clean out, begin anew, etc. I love your ideas especially as led by the old fashioned calendar and that lamb is sweet. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thought provoking post which I need time to think upon. I could certainly use some help of letting go of some of my treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have good intentions on cleaning out my attic...and it NEVER seems to happen, as I am pushed in another direction. Oh well. Good luck with your challenge. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will need to be reminded of this post as well...I do so need to hold myself more accountable. And the one project I set for myself for this winter has yet to be tackled.... I love your little lamb.... I have done some standing ones, but have never been completely satisfied with the legs....never considered doing a sitting one LOL. Another class I wish I could take.... Love your new old truck!!! Now that is right up my alley! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete