Wednesday, April 3, 2019

What Is It You Actually Do?

I was recently asked to take a personality test. I would have to say the evaluation of this, was very true. N0t only for me, but the other 5 individuals that took it along with me.
I've been blessed over the past several weeks with teaching classes and I've met people from various walks of life. In doing so, I've had many questions about my "work" and "how" I do it and even "how" do I get it done. Staying on task, my qualifications and even accountablity kinda thing. Don't do that....I may smile and look cute but I bite! Tehee...
This is what the test said of my type of work personality:
"You enjoy project work because it has a definite beginning and end. However, your dislike of routine tasks makes several types of jobs and projects undesirable for you. You are service-oriented and a natural leader, but don’t necessarily like to lead other people. These contradictions mean that you may work at several different careers throughout your lifetime. Others may see you as without direction, but this just isn’t true. You are consistent with work, as long as it remains true to your values."
Career suggestions for my type are: artist (check), entrepreneur (check), writer (check), consultant (yep, I'm going say...check - I get weekly calls..."can I bounce this off you?) and psychologist (nope....well, wait...I do council families in letting go...o.k. that's a stretch).
I just found all this interesting and wanted to share. The part that sticks out to me in light of this post is: "Others may see you without direction, but this just isn't true. You are consistent with work, as long as it remains true to your values."
I would have to say that is "me," in a nut shell. The set of values I choose to live my life by, aren't often understood by others either. My core values, I feel, make me the perfect candidate for EVERY job I pursue. In fact, my personality type is called: "The Campaigner" "The Creative Idealist" "Advocate" "The Inspirer" and "The Hero." I often hear, "you are so busy" or "you do so many different things." Well....now, I at least understand why...(wink,wink).
If you would like to learn what makes you "tick" - here is the link to take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
(The many "faces" of my personality)



So, one last thing, at a meeting I attended this past week, I had someone say..."well, you don't work".... I quickly responded..."NO, I do work, follow me around for a day and you'll see just how much work I actually do." Of course, then I heard..."I'd LOVE to! You seem to have so much fun." LOL "Hey, I thought I didn't work!" Then I said, "work can be fun....dirty, hard, heavy lifting, falling, back breaking - fun! If you're not enjoying what you do....don't do it."
Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.




6 comments:

  1. Oh it makes me crazy, "You don't work" comments! Someone (art history professor) recently asked me, "What's your gig?" I always struggle with that type of question, you know...What DO you do all day? I stumbled, tried to justify my existence by saying yes, I had a college degree, but when the kids came along THEY are my gig. Hmmm, must find a better answer...I need to blog about that! Maybe the answer is easier than I think..."I work all day...what do YOU do?!" Thanks for sharing, the personality test sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I understand that one too...my children were my gig as well...and everything they did became a "gig"...lol. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. It will be fun to find out more on the personality test. Loved seeing the different photos of you. Retired I say these days but it was always a struggle to find an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Dicky Bird! I don’t know you incredibly well, but from what I do know, that quote suits you to a t.... And I love the fun photos of you. Hmmm, now you have me curious...I might have to take that test just for grins... I don’t think I have done one since high school and then it said I was best suited to be a mechanic. Hello....I have issues screwing in a lightbulb LOL. Happy Hump Day ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took the test and I am a Mediator...which is exactly how I feel at work these days. Reading your post I have to agree with the answers your test showed as well. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos of you! Your days make me so dizzy sometimes when I see what you're up to. I took the test. It came back with a Mediator personality - INFP/A INFP/T. I am definitely an introvert lol.

    This is the line that stuck with me 'First and foremost is seemingly every Mediators’ dream growing up – to become an author.'. It's exactly what I wanted to be lol.

    ReplyDelete