Tuesday, November 13, 2018

You're Never Too Old

I am working on our lady's Bible study.  I had an idea floating around in my head about age.  I recently read the biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder.  Did you know she was 65 when she published her first book?  I didn't.  I grew up watching Little House on the Prairie, read the books and somehow I never knew she was "old" when she wrote them.  I suppose at 10 or 11, 65 is "old"...LOL.  Anyway, this little fact, is what has inspired my post and Bible study.  I have shared this little tid bit on her age several times recently to my friends.  "We are too old to do that now" (I won't say which friends...LOL), but I had to reiterate..."well, Laura Ingalls Wilder was 65 when she wrote her first book....we are NOT too old!"   That Laura, she sure had some amazing quotes:




I couldn't love these 3 more!

While searching for age quotes, I found another of my favorites and his....Oscar Wilde:


(its the doing it right I still am working on...LOL)


(Oh boy is this me!  I do suspect everything...I come from a long line of conspiracy believers, so I guess moving to the top of this list will be easy for me!  LOL)



(I can hear my dad saying that one...smile)


So much truth in those!

So, with all of this in my head, I happen to look at my reading  list on blogger and checked out one of my favorite's posts:  http://theblessedhearth.blogspot.com/2018/11/saturday-night-ramble-and-roll.html and it was on the same "lines" as my thinking and working on for the Bible study.

"Time has flown fast, while I was busy doing something else"

Love that!  I often hear people say, "you're so busy" - hey, we ALL are busy.  We ALL have the same 24 hours to work or waste.  It's up to you!  I can't help it, it's how it is!  

Anyway, thinking on this also brings up one of my life mantras which comes from an old neighbor friend of my mom's, Esther (read about her here:  
https://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2014/04/motivation-monday-keep-busy-but-dont.html)  

"Keep busy, but don't work too hard"  I am working on tshirts with that quote on them...when I do it, I will post so you can buy...LOL.

So, I wanted to share all of this ground work with you on the blog today, but if you want to hear how I turn it all into a Bible study, come tomorrow to Emma Kait's in Birnamwood, WI at 10 am.  Lord willing and with His direction I can do it.  

Please think on these quotes and remember, we are never too old.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


2 comments:

  1. So loved reading those sayings Jacky. Each and everyone is so true! Maybe because I am old they mean more. LOL Janice

    ReplyDelete