Sunday, November 18, 2018

"What Do You Need That For?"

In over 30 years of selling "junk" I can't remember seeing this before.  Normally, it's the woman/wife/girlfriend who makes a "pile" of items and then feels the need to "justify" her selections to her man/husband/boyfriend.   It's the same in partnerships too.  I never do that, I just buy, maybe because we married young and I have always had my own money.  Or, it could be I hate to "ask" .... either way .... I don't.  

Anyway, over the weekend, I witnessed the opposite.  It was the man who had a stash of goodies.  I could hear his wife ask, "what do you need that for?"  He went on to tell her of his decorating ideas...which were very good ones...I could see her faces and such....but, she gave in.  As most spouses do.   

If you know me, you know I had to chime in with some additional assistance to the man..."oh, this could be used for this...or, you do that with it....he already had his own good ideas.  She says "well, he works hard for his money, if he wants to buy this stuff, I'm o.k. with it."  So she opens her purse...teehee...he didn't have any money....teehee...and buys it for him.  

I took such delight in this.  What an awesome relationship!  It was great to see it from the man's point of view this time.  

Another couple came in and she bought quite a bit of stuff too and her boyfriend says, "well, I guess you spent all your money, no Christmas gift for me."  I quickly added...."well, maybe your getting a gift money can't buy..."  (wink, wink)....he says..."well I hope so!"  Oh, she laughed.  

What do you need that for?  We don't really "need" any of this stuff, but we should enjoy making our loves happy.  

Just a little peek into my life.  

Blessing from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. Ha Ha That story reminds me of our worker just the other day telling Bob if he was going to let me purchase something in our store from another vendor. He told her, she has a job, she can do what she wants with her money. Janice

    ReplyDelete