Wednesday, March 13, 2024

3 - 2 - 1 Daily Takeaway

Good Morning.  

I have been thinking about something I read.  It's 3-2-1 daily takeaway.  Each day, identify 3 takeaways, 2 successes and 1 thing to focus on for the next day.  

Sometimes, as I plop myself into my bed at night, I think - what did I even do today?  I know the day is over, but...

This article came at a good time for me, as I had to do some self reflection after our Town of Ringle meeting Monday night.  Somethings aren't worth the anxiety attack!   

Tuesday, I was physically, emotionally and spiritually drained.  After a LONG day of pushing myself, I came home from an evening meeting and told Al "I think Monday night had a deeper affect on me than I thought."  He agreed and said "was it worth it?"  Good question.

So, I started my 3-2-1 right then and there!  

I challenge you to give it a try.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

9 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like a great way to take a accounting of each day. I think we tend to gloss over the little things that were great
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I like that! "Gloss over the little things that were great," that sounds like a blog post.

      Delete
  2. I always spend some time at the very end of the day being thankful for things I have accomplished during the day - even if they are minor, little, things I try to be grateful for them rather than focusing on and being anxious over what I didn't get done....and I also make a mental note of a few things that have to be tackled the next day but I try not to dwell on that. So, I may not do 3/2/1 but it's close. ~Robin~ PS... You mentioned the landfill in your comment on my post...I haven't heard anything. Is there something happening of which I should be aware? (Remember...I live under a rock in Nod.) ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reflection is good! I took like to think about my next day. Like, I'll do this first, then that, kind of thing - chronological order of my day...(smile). Yes, the landfill will be "mining for Bitcoin" which really means - a company named Vespene will be housing these great big generators that process the intelligence for the operation of Bitcoin. I'm not real positive as to how it works. I do know that they were given a "green" funding bill claiming that they will use methane. The generators require huge fans to keep them cool, the run 24/7/365 and are "as loud as jet engines" according to research on youtube. I search also shows that they will NEVER run solely on methane - they will suck our grid over here. The only GREEN here is the huge amount of money exchanged between Marathon County and this company.

      Delete
  3. Nope, I would fail miserably. LOL Working has to be a success with everything I do. No ifs ands or buts. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. It's definitely something I'll give a try to. Maybe it will make me feel as though the day wasn't a waste. I don't think that every day, just once in a while I get to thinking where did the day go, did I do anything at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, it is helping me. Not so much with what I accomplished in a day, rather, how and my emotional energy spent. So far, for me, it's been a reflection of my inside efforts.

      Delete
  5. I have written down the 3-2-1. I will give it a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete