Saturday, March 9, 2024

Farmhouse Friday Week 10 - Postivity Vision Board

 Good (Saturday) Friday morning.  Happy Farmhouse Friday.  These weekly posts are just my sharing with you all my week at a glance type thing.  Helps me remember as well.  

This week, I spent some time reflecting on the first 2 months of the year and my progress toward my personal goals.  I started the week off feeling rather "stuck" in many ways.  So, I decided to get my thinking cap on and write down some positive things about myself to rid my feeling that way.  

I bought this frame from a thrift shop, that someone made it into a message board.  I decided to hang it up next to my "Better Than Yesterday" daily challenge card for 2024.  (I'm loving the daily challenges!) 


Art compliments of 2 of my 4H girls.  It makes me happy.

So, in my reflections, I come to realize, I'm not as "stuck" as I was feeling.  I have made some progress forward, even created a few new habits.  Ones that serve me instead of hindering me.  One main one I had to break, was not looking at my phone during the night.  I have spent many a day tired due to the fact that I woke to go pee and made the mistake of looking at my phone.  Hour or 2 later, I'm deep in a youtube hole of someone baking bread, cleaning out an old house, Swedish landscapes....it was a bad habit - not serving me toward reaching my goals.  I do miss my little youtube friends, but I need to limit my screen time to daytime hours.  

Breaking or creating habits are hard.  Not something I've EVER been good at.  In my reflections....I was thinking....DickyBird, you are 57 now...more years behind than ahead of you...fun and games are over...it's a now or never situation...only YOU can do it for YOU...don't just think, talk or draw about it - just do it.   These, things....those words...harsh as some sound, are truth.  

I had another "break through" as I would call it.  Not a total healing, but a definite improvement in my overall health.  My sister and I figured out, back in early February that MANY of my health issues were side effects of a "statin" drug I was taking.  Yes, I had a pinched nerve and weakness in my leg due to a dog bite and several bad falls, that caused my injury.  However, the progression of muscle loss, mobility, incontinence were debilitating me!  It was my cholesterol pill.  I quit taking it.  I even went to an urologist and they told me nothing was wrong.  It was the stinking pill - frequent urination.  No one, in all of the "ists" I saw last year, connected the dots to the side effects.  Now, it's not all that, I have an actual injury, but in all honesty, every day, I feel I'm getting better.  

I wasn't going to go into all of that, but it is an answer to prayers.  I am just going to trust that the Lord will work the rest out according to His will for my life.  

So, as I move on this next week, I feel a more positive about breaking or creating another habit that moves me in the right direction to a better Dicky Bird.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


8 comments:

  1. Glad to read you’re doing well on goals this year. I hear you about the statins. I know several people who had terrible side effects from them. My mother and husband both quit taking them and started feeling better within days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually mad at myself for not researching this sooner. My cholesterol was only slightly above "recommended" number to begin with. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. You are so right - breaking old/creating new habits can be so difficult (unless it's a new bad habit being created). I struggle with that too. I'm glad part of your health mystery is solved (although not resolved). I was on a statin years ago and had terrible issues with joint/muscle pain, which combined with my joint pain from the autoimmune issues made things intolerable. Now my dr is again recommending a statin. I explained my issues with it and then she suggested ezetimibe as an alternative. From my research, however, that has similar effects. I guess the alternative to that is a Mediterranean or plant-based diet...neither of which appeals to me either. Eeek...this getting old stuff isn't for sissies. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that my dr. will suggest my going on something too. However, I may just take my "chances" without any....the side effects are too damaging. You got that right - Growing old isn't for sissies!

      Delete
  3. Oh good for you with the screen time I have a horrid habit and I am not doing as well as you trying to break it.
    The Statins, my husband has been on them all and now they want to do a once a month injection he drew the line. I do not think they are fit to take. The more I read about them the worse it gets. (my opinion for sure) I am glad you are seeing progress it could take up to a year to get your muscle mass back from the statin damage.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on all points. Not worth taking!! I am not too hopeful about the muscle loss....however, I am trying...Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  4. I had a bad habit of getting up and looking at the phone too as we charge ours in the bathroom. I stopped as well. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be tough too as I get up now like 2 times to go....(wink) I can't hide mine in there....ahahah

      Delete