Tuesday, November 3, 2020

My Dream: It's All in the Baseball

 I mentioned this before, but I'm a dreamer, sleeping and not.  I do have big dreams and goals, however, I do have a "gift" of dreams.  I really do.  Anyway, I had a dream last night that I can't stop thinking about.  I don't share all of the ones I have, but this one I will.

My dad was 1/2 Potawatomi, Native American.  My mom a mixture of the ol'melting pot of America and Scotch/Irish.  This genetic, cultural mix, makes up who I am.  I truly think my story telling and artistic liberties taken while I tell them...ahahah...is my "gift" and it comes from this mix.  So, on with the story and dream.

In my dream, I was with some other native people, we were all celebrating something, together.  The other's looked to me for some direction as a "Christian."  When I shared my thoughts with them, several came up to me and said they now have to "denounce" or "give up a belief in" traditional spirituality.  My dreams have symbols, this one was a young man who said "I can't believe in the Condor anymore."  I was in Peru and the faces of those in my dream were like the ones I saw there.  The Condor is to them, what an Eagle is to the Potawatomi.  Anyway, I quickly grabbed that "young man's" hands and I said "No, that's not true!"  "You can be spirtual and be a Chrisitan."  I was shown a baseball, that is what came to my mind.  I said to him, "you see this baseball, how one side of the leather goes this way and the other side of the leather go that way, they are sewn together to make this ball stronger.  You can be both spiritual and a Chrisian" I told him.  

I know this, because I am.  Truth is, to be a Christian, one must be spiritual.  "God is a spirit" - you can't believe if you don't believe in the unseen.  Now, I do know that I don't put my faith in a Condor or Eagle.  For the record, I don't know any tribal member who worships one.  They both culturally, represent a symbol of one's spirtuality.  Whenever I see an Eagle, I think of my dad and say "thank you dad for all the lessons you taught me, thank you Lord for allowing me to appreciate them and giving me another day to see this Eagle."

  

I can't stop thinking about the baseball.  I couldn't wait for Al to have a cup of coffee so he would be awake enough for me to share my dream with him.  I'm sure some mornings he would rather go back to bed than listen...ahahah.  When I think about it, this baseball concept with the 2 pieces of leather, placed opposite and joined together to make stronger could be applied to so many things in life.  Husband, wife; horse,rider; attorney, client; just to name a few.  However, today....election day...I want to you think about this:  democrat/republican.  Yes, both sides make a complete America!  And I'm more of a "3rd party" talkin' here.  No matter if one was here; came here, free, enslaved or endentured; you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth or nothing to eat, America is stronger when we come together.  History proves it!  

I hate talking politics (and religion) thanks to my arguing, loud talkin' Scotch/Irish Kincaid family!  However, I though this dream came to me at a good time and I wanted to share.  Glean from it what you will.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.   

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful dream and wonderful message for these times Jacky. My dreams are usually ones I wish I didn't remember LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete