Sunday, November 1, 2020

Herb Crusted Tenderloin - S & R Angus

 

My friend, Renee and her children own S & R Angus.  When Justine and Anna were younger, they did their chores while they were away at cattle shows.   I can still hear my dad, "they are NOT walking a bull over to another building?!?"  "Dad, he is like a trained dog" (until the actual dog, bites at his legs - I did NOT mention that to my dad - he was a worrywart).  

Anyway, with it being just Al and I now, we have bought from her instead of raising our own.  We may still do a steer again, just not right now.  Anyway, have you seen the price of beef at the store?  WOW, buying a bundle or half is such an economical way to go.  Look for a reputable breeder near you.  

S & R Angus is a generational operation.  This is not your corn fed, feed lot variety!  Beef is their business, from calf to cut and wrap.  Plenty of pasture, rotational grazing, quality feed, vet checks, complete hands on herdsmanship of their product.  How can one put a price on that, yet they do.  Their product reflects the quality of their care.  It's easy to prepare an amazing meal when you start out with a quality cut!

I thought I would do a little post about this, as she is selling and some social media marketplaces won't allow "animal for sale" posts.  Yes, social media is being a stickler with stuff lately, as all of us know.  Anyway, I wanted to share my recipe for Herb Crusted Tenderloin.

Tip 1, take out your loin about 30-40 minutes so that it reaches room temperature.  The meat will be more receptive to the herbs and pan.  



The herbs I used to crust this loin were from my garden, rosemary and thyme.  I minced them and added it to some garlic salt, pepper, onion powder, however, you can use whatever herbs you like.  I also tie a string around the loin to hold it together during the process.  



Rub the herbs on the loin and brown in a pan.  I used olive oil.  Roll around till it forms a crust.


I like to put my loin or any meat actually on a bed of onions, pour the pan drippings in the roaster, bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes depending on how you like it.  





Tip 2, let the meat rest 5 -7 minutes before you cut it.  The juices will stay in the meat and not run out.  Cut the strings off. 


Don't forget the pan drippings, they are so good!  Drizzle that on, it'll look so pretty!  This was amazing, better than any fillet I've EVER had at a restraurant, not  because I made it, but because of the quality of meat!  



If you are close, click on the link to their website and place an order, you will taste the difference!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh....that looks delicious Jacky!! Wit it just being the two of us, I don't do a great deal of cooking anymore, but I do like a good roast from time to time... I am completely unfamiliar with S&R...I will definitely be looking them up to learn more. Thanks for the info! I hope you're enjoying your (more-than-breezy!) Sunday! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have raised our own, it does't taste near as good as hers. It's truthfully the best tasting meat. She has a "hers'manship" of care that shows.

      Delete