Monday, November 2, 2020

Motivational Monday - Anyway

 Good Motivational Monday.  Anyway?  What do I mean?  I know, I've posted similar themed thoughts on this before.  Truthfully, I do struggle with "this,"  I have my whole life.  I've made huge strides in the past few years in NOT feeling like this.  So, I've started this post, deleted most of it and started again. I think, sharing in a weakness, not only makes one face it, but writing this could help another.  

I had a huge middle section here, it went through some personal things about me.  It ended up being too personal...but, I did put my thoughts into words, read it, thought on it and deleted it.  So the abridged version would be what is left here. 

This word "anyway" came to me in a way that is more like this; would you do this "anyway?"  If you didn't have a camera to take a picture of it, a blog to "brag" about it, social media to post it to, family who appreciates it, a "thank you," recognition from peers - you see where I'm going with this?  In my PROGRESSION (word of the year) in working on me, this "anyway" keeps coming up.  

I come from a long line of strong women.  When I think of all the things these women accomplished not only in a day, but their lifetime, I am humbled to think, they did it "anyway."  No blog posts on how to can a tomato, no pefect picture at every step, no checking on likes, views, comments....they just canned, sink after sink full of tomatoes.  They did it "anyway" - maybe out of enjoyment or need to feed 1/2 dozen kids on a budget.  I wish I would have thanked each of them more!  Instead of just eating the tomatoes.

That annology, is exactly what this "anyway" is about.  I'm trying to find Motivation in my "anyways" without the "hey, thanks!"  Because, truthfully, I've been doing some difficult things and no one notices "anyway."  (see what I did there...teehee).  It had me down.  It really did, I have been working on me and some of the things I've tried the hardest not to do...no one even noticed.  But, guess what, I'm going to keep doing them "anyway."  I have to remind myself, that I don't need approval, recognition, likes, comments, views - from anyone other than (Jesus of course) myself.  Would you, Dicky Bird, do "this" "anyway?"   

I guess, it's right there that I find Motivation.  I would be a liar if I didn't say I don't like the likes, comments and views.  I would also be a liar if I didn't say that I don't compare mine to others.  I hate that I even check.  You all know, I want everyone to succeed and get the most out of their life experiences.  I really, really do!  This need to check on (whatever) is something, I've been working on.  I've written and posted all kinds of things "put your blinders on" "mind your own row" "I don't need my name in lights" - I'm a 7 (Enneagram Personality Test)  that's what 7's do.  

Well, this 7, is going to seek her contentment in doing things "anyway."  I love to share my thoughts, ideas, lifestyle on here.  I would do it "anyway" as a journal.  I do write this blog for myself, but I am tickled that you all decided to follow along.  I am always amazed when someone, I had no idea even read these, mention something I wrote about.  My numbers don't reflect, actual verbal "likes."  So thank you for that. 

So, today for Motivational Monday, think about the areas in your life, things that you do, would you do them "anyway?"  Maybe you already are and if so, good job!  I would appreciate some tips if you want to share.  


I have and would still do that, in the picture, "anyway."

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.    


2 comments:

  1. Ok....You have a way of doing this every now and again...i.e., making me really think about something in a way I hadn't....at least not really "consciously." I did have a "brush" with your "anyway" dilemma recently...when it came to decorating for Halloween. No one comes to the house anymore.. my husband doesn't appreciate it (if anything, he probably rather I didn't), most years no trick or treaters (unless I bribe their parents) and even if they came, they certainly wouldn't appreciate it either if they even noticed LOL... so I struggled with the "why bother?" thing. After all, it is very time consuming.... But I spent a long time starting at my boxes and boxes of Halloween and asked myself how could I justify hanging on to this stuff if I didn't even bring it out?? And that led to dragging it out (I didn't the past 2 years)...and I realized that it made ME happy. Not many would like "appreciate" it anyways even if they did see it, but I SEE it....and it gives me a bit a joy. And then I get to share it here....with some people who DO appreciate it, and that gives me joy as well. And you know what? I think it's ok sometimes (especially in these dark times) to do something simply because it gives YOU joy. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, YES! That is a great example of "anyway" - and BTW I "get it" the style and would appreciate it! Thanks for sharing as a comment so others reading can see it too! I appreciate that and I will think on it as I drag out my tubs of Thanksgiving - which I will decorate for "anyway" even if we "can't" gather as a family. Looking at my 20 some turkeys makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete