Friday, July 10, 2020

Farmhouse Friday - Sweatin' it Out

Good Farmhouse Friday Morning!

Want to know what is worst than this heat and humidity?  This heat and humidity and having hot flashes!  LOL but true!  This past week has been horrible for me with those!  I know I'm not the only woman to suffer...but, I'm hot like an oven!  Then multiply that on to, July is my month to "DeStash" my "stash".... so, think of that in a metal pole building....ya, I was baking!  So, I was happy to dance in the rain when a storm rolled in.  I sent a video to my little "grand" she like it when I do silly things...which is pretty much all the time!  LOL


It was windy!  

I have to thank my friend Michelle for encouraging me to do LIVE on facebook.  Like I said, I have a Wisconsin accent,  "old" sounding voice, I say stupid things, cough all the time and did tell you, the roosters follow me...ya, in the middle of my LIVE "DeStash Dash" sales....crowing!  Help.  I'm such a professional....ahahah!  This is what I've been doing, making up box lots $3, $5, $10 kind of thing.  I have to tell you, people must not care about all that I just said, because I have been selling and I like doing it this way!




I have a "thing" for old paper.  I have boxes of it.  So I started with a few tubs of these.  $3 a pile.  I didn't know if any one would "get this" but, I only had to recyle 2 lots.  I did not let myself bring them back into a building.  I stage the LIVE under the barn lean.  My goal is, if it gets out there, it can NOT come back to either of my buildings (15'x60' and 54'x60')...ya, I'd love to do my LIVE in one of those, but unfortunately, I hardly can open the doors.  This is why the "DeStash Dash."  

The flowers have been so fragrant this week in the heat.  The air is heavy with it.  My favorite flower smell is milkweed - it's intoxicating!  I know it's a weed, but I don't let Al cut them down, the Monarch need them.  


These are from my mom's garden, which orginally came from my sister Bonnie's garden from 1970's when she lived out here in Ringle.  I call them Mallow, but not sure of their true name.


This heat has caused my herbs to "bolt" I did harvest some mint, clover, oregeno and bundled to dry.  I have so much, that I put some in the chicken coop.  They nibbled on it, but I think it's helping coop not so be so stinky and there aren't too many flies in there?  Maybe I'm on to something...




That is bee balm, I love it.  Oh, and speaking of bees, our honey guy (he is a honey too!) added at least a dozen more boxes to our frames this week.  The honey bees have been busy.  Our white clover is prolific and should make for some sweet honey!

I've been trying to bring in a bouquet of field and yard flowers each week.  It just makes me happy.


I can't tell you how many steps I've been getting in.  Thousands over an average day.  However, I did fill my van with items that did not sell and drove them to our "scrap and burn" piles.  However, this picture sums up my week...."my arse is draggin'."  


This weekend we will be helping Jon and Anna butcher chickens.  Well, there really is no "we" in it...I'm more the supervisor...ahahha!  I don't like to kill things.  I hope you all have fun plans for the weekend.  

Blessing from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a great post! I can really relate to the heat and the hot flashes!!!! Rather than us being older "hot chicks", I'd rather be older "cool chicks".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your de stash was a hit and a great name for a sale! I call that flower Mallow too. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm struggling with the heat too. Today was nice even though it was wet and cooler - probably because it was cooler! I love Milkweed. There is lots of it where I walk but sadly I haven't seen a lot of butterflies around or bees. It's quite sad really.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, as one "quasi over-collector" to another, I can imagine how difficult this really must be for you. I admire that you are firm on not bringing tings back "in." Not sure I could do it. Yep, I call that mallow too...love it. And milkweed is beautiful too...in my eyes. Sounds like we're in for some less humid days ahead. I actually have a sweatshirt on as I type this LOL. ~ Robin ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I have said this before many times but I will say it again. I do so wish I lived nearer to be able to come to one of your sales I would have loved to have bought some of the doilies, they are adorable and would make a great journal.

    ReplyDelete