Friday, July 3, 2020

Farmhouse Friday - Independence Day

It's Farmhouse Friday....where did the week go?

The ConJUNKtion FUNKtion was a huge hit.  Even with social distancing, safer at home, we had a nice crowd.  There was a family feel to the whole day.  The customers who came, were very complimentary to both the event and Anna's food.  Her food was a hit!  I can't wait to see her plans for Stone Silo Farm and Bakery.  

Al was on vacation this week.  This has traditionally been our haying week, not this year, maybe in 2 weeks.  He replanted over half of the pasture last year, it's not doing as well as we hoped.  We are going to bale the other half and let the new stuff lay.  Hopefully self seeding to fill in the light spots.  Our neighbor is borrowing our hay wagons this week.  His grandson's do his field work now...we were tempted to "hire" them too (wink, wink).

We planted half of our garden this year in potatoes.  We have over 75 different varieties of plants that came up.  We've been picking the bugs by hand...yuk...they are ugly.  We gave up on the sweet corn...the deer and racoons....decimate it.   One of the problems of gardening near the woods.  This year, the deer walk through, but not one nibble on the potato plants.  My sunflowers, that's another story.  Yes, we've put up fences EVERY year...we deiced to give ourselves a break from that this year.  I'll buy the sweet corn from the "neighbor kids."


This is my summer to reduce inventory.  I am doing LIVE videos on Tuesday nights at 6 pm on Facebook.  July is "DeStash Dash" - it is like a dash too - it's been selling fast.  I had 48 lots this past Tuesday and sold 40 and divided 2 other lots.  I don't know if people understand how much inventory I have, I NEED to DeStash for sure!  After a day, I box/bag up each lot for the customer.  I was so pleased with the results!  Here are the SOLD lots lined up for pick up.  


As far as my business work this summer, I met with 2 new clients this week.  These will probably turn into virtural estate sales in the near future.   Just like the other 2 we did, before all the Covid 19.  

This weekend, July 4, Americans celebrate "independence day."  I'm thinking, in my 54 years, I've not seen our country more "dependent" than we are at this moment in time.  I see what is happening as signs, yep signs....this old world, not just us here in America...the world...is crazy.  I am more "dependent" on Jesus as each day goes on.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

  

5 comments:

  1. You are awesome! I love how you back-doored the selling via virtual estate sales. So smart my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news on those sales! That's great. I'm glad your ConJunktion Funktion was a hit! Those bugs in the potatoes sound...yuck! I grew potatoes one year. Can't say I really knew what I was doing lol. I gave up on other vegetables as (even though we are in a 'city') the deer come into the garden and eat everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your sale was a hit. I just harvested our beets. I see some salad in our near future with our lettuce too! Hope you had a great 4th! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled for you that you are managing to get some sales, a reward for all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad ConJUNKtion FUNKtion was a hit.... I know I would have liked to have been there. We have had deer here at our house come up and almost drink out of the pool, but they have not ever bother the plants here.... At the lake, it's a totally different story. Our nearest "neighbor" up there feeds them and I guess my flowers are more appetizing than what he feeds them LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete