Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Tips on Tuesday - Changing Your Mind

First, you might notice a change in the title....when I said was going to do blog posts called, 10 Tips on Tuesday, I didn't realize how hard finding 10 tips on any subject would be.  So, I decided to change it to just, Tips on Tuesday.  

So, with that said, the subject this week is; changing your mind.  I really try my hardest to stick to my word.  Even to my own demise.  However, I'm 51 now...I can give myself a break!  I'm not compromising on my core values, however I am not making myself do things I no longer enjoy.  The "old" Jacky...(I'm old no matter how I say it...LOL) would "make" herself do all kinds of things she committed to.  Time to change my mind.....

Tip 1:  It's o.k. to change your mind.  One can't know what tomorrow will bring, that's a change on it's own.  My mom use to say, "Lord willing we will do...." whatever her plans were.  I hated this...because I didn't understand why the Lord wouldn't want me to do ....(whatever it was we had planned).  I now realize that everything I do is because the Lord was willing .... for me to have another day....to do it in.  

Tip 2:  Don't make excuses.  You have the right to change your mind - you don't need to explain it to everyone!  Above all, don't make excuses for it.  Just stick by your choice.  That's it.  Move on.

Tip 3:  Be open minded.  Sometimes our minds are set on an idea and then we hear another's opinion and we think - hey, I see that point of view too.  Be wise enough to study it and be open to change.  

Tip 4:  Be forgiving - to yourself.  Often times we forgive others better than we do ourselves.  "It's O.K. Jacky, you tried, but you just can't do that anymore."  (me trying to carry stuff now)  "You're just getting older, you were strong at one time, but now you need to ask for help."  (grin with teeth...)

Tip 5:  Make new plans and ideas.  O.k. you've changed your mind now what?  Make new plans, come up with new ideas and move forward one step at a time.


 
                                           (me doing my you tube video....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAzyAxaHEK5VMgScg1nNp6Q?view_as=subscriber)

I have changed my mind, had 100's of ideas that have failed or not come to fruition and somehow I still can find a way to move on in a new or different direction.  Thank the Lord and Lord willing I will keep on doing just that!  I am blessed!   

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment