Thursday, March 29, 2018

One Day at a Time - Tips on Thursday

I've been hit with the "creepy crud" flu - cough, cough, cough...it's been bad!  I'm just hoping I'm on the mends now.

   
None of us have "time" to be sick, but I really don't.  It's the start of the "selling season."  With my closing many of my booths at the antique malls, I need to promote and sell for myself.  I really didn't have this week to lose!  Oh well, I will take it one day at a time....what gets done, gets done.   Like I always say, "no one knows what you had planned to do" - it's a good thing too, as I usually have way too many ideas!

Here are a few tips in taking "one day at a time"

1.  Come to embrace that you are not in control.  It is so true...if you think you are in control of anything...you're wrong.  Things we don't plan come our way - it's called life!  You get up in the morning, get ready for work, just like every other day...when, you pull out of your driveway and "bam" someone hits your car.....not in control.  Or, "mom, I don't feel good" - not in control.  Or, a host of many, many other possible scenarios.   You are NOT in control and it's not your fault....just embrace it....

2.  This is NOT an excuse to not try or make goals and plans.  To the contrary, it is what helps us understand our path to success.  I make plans, set out a path to achieve them and try to work at it each day with what each day offers me.  It's so much easier when you can let go of the end game and work out the process.

3.   Allow time to pass the way it always does, one day at a time.  Don't get all worried about what "might" happen next month...what "might" happen today is enough.  LOL.  Take each day, no, rather, ENJOY each day for what opportunities it offers you.  

4.  Focus on the next step, not the end result.  I write down lists.  At the end of the page I have my "goals" listed and above I start with the steps to achieve this.  I often times write out the steps and need to skip some or change them - it doesn't matter, just take each step as it comes.  At the end, more times than not, my goals weren't achieved the exact way I thought they would be and many times, it was better.    

5.  Know and accept your limits.  You might not be able to do what you use to be able to do.  Make realistic goals based on who you are today; age, current physical abilities, current financial status - whatever, it might be.  This is important, because failure is a possibility.  If you do fail, it's o.k., there is always tomorrow.

I haven't always been able to take things one day at a time.  I would get myself all worked up about what I "had to do" and make myself miserable.   What helped me, truthfully, was my experience in failure.  When something didn't work exactly like my plans, I didn't let it keep me down.  I looked at it like an opportunity to grow and become better.   So now, when I get frazzled about something, I take a deep breath, say some prayers and lean on the failure....this too shall pass, one day at a time.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment