Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Ten Tips on Tuesday - Showing Love


Ten Tips on Tuesday - Showing Love



It's Valentine's week - what better topic to write about on my ten tips Tuesday - SHOWING LOVE



Showing love to a spouse or partner.  Truly, Valentine's Day is made for lovers and your Valentine.    

Tip 1:  Say it - "I Love You" often, remind your love that you love them and are thinking of them.

Tip 2:  Show it - kisses, hugs, snuggles and other extra curricular activities you enjoy.  (smile).

Tip 3:  Respect them - always have "their back" no matter what.  Even if you don't necessarily agree with everything they are saying, respect their opinion.  I have many crazy ideals that Al doesn't always see, but he always respects them.

Tip 4:  Support them - know their dreams and goals.  Help them set out a plan to make those things happen.

Tip 5:  Choose them - pick them first over all others and things.  Let them know they are your #1!  Letting your love know you chose them over even things you love - like a football game - will work wonders for you!

Tip 6:  Little things are BIG things - send a text during the day, bake something special, put the toilet seat down, wash a sink full of dishes, fold a load of clothes, any small thing you can think of that will make your love happy.  I love when Al washes the dishes or brings me home a candy bar...(smile).

Tip 6:  Unplug - when you are with your love, don't spend time on your phone looking at stupid stuff.  Connect with them.  It is sad when I see this.  Couples, some with kids, looking at their phones.  I think sometimes our phones are the biggest distractions and greatest tool to destroy families - one of my crazy ideals that Al respects. (smile).



 Tip 7:  Listen to them - yes, listen.  Sometimes, we hear them talk, but are we listening?  I know I call it "testosterone ears" ... ladies, you know what I mean.  I guess over the years, I've learned to stick to the facts.  Keep out the colorful parts to the story - this is hard for me.  I love when Al will stop, look at me and listen to whatever stupid little thing I want to say....he shows me he loves me by even asking a few questions about it.  (smile).  I don't always care what team is in what rank, or how much weight he is lifting , but, I listen.

Tip 8:  Be vulnerable - show your sensitive side.  Guys, women love this.  I do.  When we watch a movie and I see that Al is emotional I say..."stop it, you're making me LOVE you even more!"  It's true - crying or showing emotions and your softer side is sexy!  

Tip 9:  Celebrate their success - Al is good at this.  I came home from the antique show, tired and drained, what does he say..."congratulations!  You did it!  Another successful show!"  Even if the "success" is to clean the garage - ladies, know when to celebrate.  Doing so is like a positive reinforcement to motivate them to continue doing the things you like.  

Tip 10:  Don't give up - on each other, your family, your goals and dreams.  Life can kick you when your down, but work on it together.  Give a little, get a little - it's all a balance.  You can't always have it your way, how is that showing love!  "Love is patient, love is kind...1 Corinthians 13 chapter"



You don't need to get on social media and say "I have the best husband/wife ever" no one is interested!  If you need this to validate your love - maybe you need to start with tip 1.  I know it sounds harsh, but truth is...what your love is interested in is your telling them this and showing them.   The rest of the world, their view of your relationship via social media is FAKE NEWS....showing the rest of the world by our actions, how you treat each other - this is the REAL DEAL!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

Linked to:  
http://www.create-with-joy.com/2018/02/inspire-me-monday-week-319-with-passion-music-whole-heart-cd-giveaway.html

No comments:

Post a Comment