Monday, September 25, 2023

Dicky Bird's Sourdough Discard - Spiced Apple Muffin

 


Sourdough discard dilemma?  I came up with this one this morning.  It is low sugar, you could always add more or put a crunchy top on them.  I mixed in 1 large bowl, by hand.

2 C all purpose flour

1/2 C brown sugar

1 t. baking powder

1 t. cinnamon

1/2 t. allspice

1/2 t. ginger

1/2 t. nutmeg

1/2 t. salt

stir together well then add

1 C sourdough discard

2 beaten eggs

1/2 C oil

1/2 C milk

1 t. vanilla

stir together well with dry ingredients.  I diced up (next time I may grate) apples (3 of them).



Put in greased muffin tins, bake 350 for 30-35 minutes.



Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. They look good Jacky. These rainy days must be driving us all to bake. I just pulled a batch of butter pecan scones out of the oven. Have a great week ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am not a fan of sour dough however these do look good. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks absolutely delicious! I do not do sour dough sometimes I think I should
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete