Friday, June 10, 2022

Creamy Asparagus Soup

 I didn't call it - cream of asparagus, rather creamy asparagus - no heavy cream needed.  I was hungry for some creamy soup.  I started with the asparagus as we have had plenty to eat.  I added some purple potatoes that were given me in a tribal elderly food box, some fresh herbs, a bag of my frozen bone broth, and to make it creamy I blended a can of cannellini beans with the broth and cooked asparagus.  That little tip, added protein, fiber and not the fat.  I did add a splash of cream only to make it "pretty" for the picture.  This soup was so good!  





(chives, oregeno, sage)

(I "fished" out the potatoes before using the immmersion blender - then added them back)

I felt a bit "better" about having seconds because the soup didn't have the added fat - wink, wink.  I am going to keep this adding a can of beans tip in mind when I make my next "cream of" soup to cut the fat and add the fiber.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


4 comments:

  1. Oh does this ever look good Jacky!!! I love almost any soup...creamy soups my very favorite I do love asparagus. You are fortunate to have your own. I have always wanted to plant some but not sure how/when/where. I bought a big bunch at Tansy Hill and enjoyed every last spear. ~Robin~ (LOVE those purple potatoes!!!! Never heard of them before.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are grown in WI - the business is called "Driftless Potatoes" I believe. I don't have the bag any more. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Well I have not heard of purple potatoes, but must say your soup sounds very yummy! With asparagus in season now, will need to make some. Great tip adding the beans too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Yes, I only have one handful of asparagus left. I probably will air fry them - so good!!!

      Delete