So many pollinators here! All kinds of butterflies. However, the Monarchs, so many of them. I saw something unusual....
I thought, are they doing what I think they are doing? Yes, I guess so, I asked Google (hahaha). She actually flew away with the male still attached. I was bugging them too much I guess.
Of course "breaking usual behavioral patterns" are here and I witness it. Nothing here is normal or usual. If it's going to be "rare" or an anomaly - you'll find it in our life here.
O.k. enough flowers.
We had a long weekend here in the United States for the Labor Day holiday. In Wisconsin, this marks the end of summer. Tourists are few, cabins getting closed up, people are getting back to a schedule and school.
We had some of our children over for dinner. I made roast turkey and some fresh fixings from the garden.
Of course, with just Al and I and left overs, we made several meals off this carcass.
Turkey and gravy over mashed potatoes.
Turkey salad sandwiches.
Turkey soup made with bone broth, left over corn fresh from the cob. I love cooking this way, I always have. When you can make one meal turn into several. Especially when it's a busy time like now. Al decided to plant waaaay toooo many tomato plants. He has been freeze drying some, turning into tomato powder. We froze bags full for winter soups and sauces. Oh and also enjoyed them warm off the vine.
I have been using my scooter all over the place. I love it and I still have some independence on where I want to go.
Guess what we are going to make? Fire cider. We, our daughters and grands, had a virtual chat and made it together. I'm not sure if this will be a month, bimonthly or weekly thing, our making something together, but I enjoyed it.
Grandpa and Ezra playing tractors. We take our dogs too. Anna's cats usually hide when we come. Frankie is in this photo, he likes to taunt Ginger and she likes to stare at him.
Thanks for all the nice comments on my Motivational Monday post. This week is an example of my hand and palm open, to receive whatever the day brought me. I'm so blessed.
Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.









.jpeg)










Beautiful photos, dear Jacky! And your roast chicken looks scrumptious, and your meals look great! So sweet to see the pets, too!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing. The Blogger news reader hasn't been updating at all, today is the 4th day! I have offered other options to my friends and fellow bloggers on my blog's right hand column if they choose to follow me using another method (such as Feedly or email).
I only found your post by coming here directly to visit you!
Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you have a lovely weekend!
Thanks Linda for telling me. I was wondering what was going on, as my follow list doesn't show any new posts from those I follow. I appreciate your looking me up. The flowers have been so pretty this year.
Delete