Friday, July 3, 2026

Farmhouse Friday - Week 26 Wild Flowers

 





Until the Zinnia's bloom in our newly created hedge, the rest of this pasture is full of several underated wild flowers.  




Some produce starting in the garden.


Look what fell out of a tree.  Remember my telling you about the tornado in Ringle in April?  This little nest was made of insulation, from damaged homes, which was in lots of trees in our township.  I just love how birds recycle.  




A couple years ago, when we made this porch enclosure, I could walk up the ramp.  However, since breaking my femur and having 12 pins in my knee, it hurts to do it.  So, our nephews are fixing the ramp so it's not too steep.  



This was accomplished by raising up the door from ground level.  Now we will put a ramp out here.  They are working on it today.  Our nephew came up with a good idea, so it will be a longer type ramp, that twists back toward the house.  Might as well build it right now, as I will need this when I progress to a permanent mobility devise.  


This is my great-great nephew, he came to visit one day while they were working.  He is 3 weeks old.  He's just perfect.  

Not sure the weather will cooperate for the 4th of July celebrations and parade.  Looks like we will be cooler at least.  

Happy 250th America. 

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  



22 comments:

  1. The bird's nest is quite perfect, but the baby is even more so.
    How nice of your nephews to adapt your ramp, I hope it helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, he is so perfect. The ramp will be so much more convenient for me.

      Delete
  2. wildflowers are sooooo underrated, the most underrated flower i know of. i often plant seeds but fields of wildflowers often appear with only the help of the wind or the birds. they are so pretty, take care of themselves without any help from us. the ramp looks good, its good it will be there as you need it!! but honestly, your great, great nephew stole the show!! what a sweet picture of the 2 of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, we did spread some wildflower seeds past 2 or so years. They have done exactly what you say. He did steal the show!!

      Delete
  3. Your great-great nephew is precious! Beautiful photo of the two of you! I love cucumbers and yours looks delicious! Lovely photos of the flowers. I also love how birds recycle. Their nests are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you have a wonder filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so precious! I can't wait for a tomato salad with my basil. Yes, I love bird's nexts! Have a great weekend. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. It is incredibly tough dealing with a broken femur and all those pins, but having family step up to rebuild that ramp right is a massive blessing. A three week old baby in the house brings such a great energy to the chaos too. Hopefully the cooler weather keeps things comfortable for the big parade, happy 250th to you guys out in Ringle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been tough dealing with it. I'm just glad I'm farther out in my recovery. There were days I thought I couldn't do it. The weather looks good for today's parade. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful meadow! The pollinators must love it!
    That's a great solution to the ramp. It looks like it's been there all along. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the bees do love it! We may finally get some honey this year with our little hive. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. You are too young to be a great great aunt. The ramp will be better for you and glad your nephew if fixing it better for you. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between myself and eldest sibling are 15 years. I actually have 7 great-great nieces and nephews. We have a large family. Yes, this ramp will greatly help me. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. Hope the baby birds weren’t too itchy from the insulation in their nest! Your great-great nephew is precious. The revamped ramp will be so much easier for you to navigate. RHill, TX.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truthfully was wondering if that is why the nest was empty. I like that - revamped ramp. Have a wonderful Sunday.

      Delete
  8. That nest is a treasure. And fascinating. How wonderful that your ramp is getting a re-do. That will be so much better for you. Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am keeping the nest in my greenhouse. Yes, the ramp and deck will hopefully be done this week.

      Delete
  9. Awwww....that babe is so very precious! The photo of you two is wonderful. Love all the wild flowers and I have always found nests so fascinating. What they use, and how they do it. I had an old nest on an old butter churn on my porch and, bit by bit, some industrious bird recycled the entire thing. I never caught her actually deconstructing it but each day there was evidence she'd been at work. Now all I have left is a bit of the mud base and a few wisps of straw and such. Happy belated Fourth to you....We sure lucked out with the weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard birds do that. I have several little nests with our daughter's horse's hair in it. I just love them. They are little snippets of different times here on our farm. I can't believe it is July already. The months since I broke my femur seems to have just flown.

      Delete
  10. Wonderful photos. My favorite it you with your great great nephew. What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos. It's always lovely to spend time with a new baby. They are so cuddly. I'm glad that family was able to help you build the ramp. That should be a lot better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Yesterday as they finished the ramp, the baby came for another visit!

      Delete