Friday, April 7, 2023

Farmhouse Friday - April 7, 2023

 Happy Farmhouse Friday - Good Friday

I've challenged myself this year to dig deeper in God's word.  I've been so blessed in doing so.  I'm revisiting so many old stories and studying little details, I never noticed before.   Just as your view and opinion of things change as you get older, mature in life's experiences so does one's understanding of scripture.   The Bible isn't a "one and done" read.  It is more than that!  This week one of my readings was the book of Ruth.  It was a reminder to me, this Good Friday, that Jesus is our "kinsman redeemer."  Jesus is the truth, the way and the life.  He stands at the door knocking.  I would be remiss not to mention that.  He did it all for the remiss..ion of our sins.  

We will celebrate Easter and Ezra's 1st birthday at my mother-in-law's house.  Should be a FULL house.  I'm bringing roasted chickens (3), stuffing and a green salad.  Grandma is making ham, bubble bread, mashed potatoes and corn.  Others are bringing, green bean bake, cake pops and pie.  

How is the remodeling going?  Well... Al did stain all the shelves this week.  We need to buy trim, closet doors and stain all of those.  I need to paint the custom cabinetry my nephew made and all the walls.  I will share at some point.  It's all just so  expensive to do at once.  



We can see some grass now.  The deer are so hungry.


Is there snow by you?  Are you cooking for Easter?  If so, what are you making?  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

10 comments:

  1. Oh a first birthday so sweet.
    Yes we have a crowd ham and ribs with some veggies.
    They are bringing apps and desserts.
    Yes we have snow.
    Happy Easter
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am enjoying reading what each family has for Easter. I love me some ribs!! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. No snow thank goodness, but to the North of us they will be getting more. We will be tackling a new paint job in our bedroom next week hopefully. Your Easter menu sounds yummy! Hope you have a wonder Easter! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you do as well. Painting isn't my favorite thing to do, but I do love it when it's done! Happy Easter to you as well.

      Delete
  3. No snow here, but massive amounts of rain. Looking forward to “after” pictures of your remodel. After church, We’re having Easter lunch at my mother’s: ham, potato salad, peas, salad, and rolls. No desserts -we’re trying to cut back. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing. I will share when I get it done. I am enjoying reading what others are having for their Easter meal. I can't wait for spring peas from the garden. Here in north it'll be awhile...enjoy.

      Delete
  4. Happy Easter Jacky! Sounds like quite the Easter feast! No celebration here...just in my heart. I will have a ham sandwich and call it good I guess. The 4" of snow last night was quite a slap in the face although it has all but melted now...wish the stuff that has been here forever would go though. It was a beautiful snow though...I actually sat outside on my little bench and watched it fall. The peaks I'm seeing of your remodel are amazing. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is slow in going...but, I am slow in going as well! With this week's forecast, snow should be gone...but, no guarantees it won't snow again....hush, I won't jinx it.

      Delete