Sunday, December 4, 2022

Welcome December

 


We took our granddaughter to the Enchanted Forest at the Rosholt Fair Grounds in Rosholt, WI.  What a charming experience.  There were dozens of decorated trees.  Some from local clubs, organizations, businesses and some with themes.  I really enjoyed looking at all of them.  The fair grounds have beautiful, huge pine trees that add to the winter wonderland feel.  December gets "busy" and filled with "things" to do.  Try to remember to slow it down and enjoy the reason for the season.  

Here are a few things I plan to enjoy doing the month of December:  

1. Reading "his" story again.  Reflecting on the "gift" this season represents.  

2.  Cutting boughs and making my own "wreath" etc.

3.  Making some homemade gifts.  

4.  Cleaning, deep cleaning, of house so I can totally decorate.  I plan to do a virtual tour on December 23 at 7 pm.  Follow along if you want here:  Very Merry Virtual Tour



6.  We challenged our 4H club with "act of kindness" in lieu of having a monthly meeting and party.  Like I said, everyone is so busy.   Here are a few ideas that you may want to try.





7.  Candy making day with Ezra.  Cookie decorating with Lauren.  

8.  An intentional "vacation" from my self-employment.  

9.  Bring back a few decorating ideas from the past.

10.  Take a "break" from all the "viewing" and "comparing" of what other's have accomplished....yes, it can steal my joy.  In fact, I'm working on a - I don't know what to call it - series of posts - "How To Be Happy For You and Me Too."  I struggle with this.  

Do you have any plans for December?

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful time. I bet it was amazing, all the lovely trees and colours. Just wonderful. I hope you'll remind us closer to the time about the virtual tour. I'd love to see if but I'll probably forget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it was! I wanted to share some photos of Lauren, but my daughter doesn't like that. She was so cute! I will remind my followers on here too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful display and wonderful ideas to spread Joy! Janice

    ReplyDelete