Monday, December 13, 2021

Motivational Monday - Size Doesn't Matter

 O.k. now that I have your attention...ahahha

One of the lovely things of being a 55 year old woman, is all the perks that come with this stage of life, NOT!   Like waking up at 3:30 am nightly...laying there....

So this morning at 3:30 am, on my return from the bathroom (that's another perk), I lay down on the couch.  My mind was restless thinking on ALL THE things that I need to do.  I was thinking about what I could post for a Motivational Monday.  If you were to see my living room, tubs of decorations to put on a tree not yet cut or up, furniture pushed to the side to make room, extra things to hide, empty boxes waiting to be filled with what is currently in and on the furniture...."who are you kidding, Dicky Bird!  Where is your motivation?" I am not qualified to motivate anyone to do anything, including myself.  So, if you are looking for one of those types of posts, you better stop reading.  My motivational posts are more like trying to "inspire."  

I then thought about my kitchen.  I was cooking and baking this weekend and looked at my tiny space.



It's very small....but, I've enjoyed cooking some hearty, tasty things in my little corner.  I come from a long line of women who have fed generations of family and prepared them in spaces no bigger than their arm's length.

I've taken hundreds of blog photos here.  I shared a photo of an apple coffee cake I made this weekend on Instagram.  A friend posted "I feel so inadequate."  I said something like, "NO, don't say that!  Social media makes us all feel that way!"  It's true, it does!  My intention was not to have her feel that way, I was just sharing my cake.  As I can't take responsiblity for her feeling her own feels...I can tell her, I've been there too!

In perusing social media, I see all the beautiful kitchens.  I'm sure those influencers don't want followers to feel inadequate either.  However, my old farmhouse kitchen is filled with antique cupboards, filled with antique and vintage treasures, doors and windows.  The little corner I create in, is small and it doesn't matter.  I make it work.  Honestly, you don't need a big kitchen if you can actually cook...ahahha...stop it Dicky Bird!  My kitchen is "working class" and some of those others, well, maybe for show....



So, let's motivate ourselves to think about what we can do, with what we have, rather than focus on what we don't or can't.  We will find more joy that way!  Let's remind ourselves, "size doesn't matter if you know what to do with it" - stop!  You may not know this about me, as a Christian woman, I tend to have a saucy sense of humor, but that's what makes me loveable.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  




4 comments:

  1. I saw that photo of your kitchen and my first thought was how "happy" it look. Many kitchens are "cheery," but not "happy." Do you know what I mean?? Cheery is how someone decorates the room to be....Happy is how that room actually feels. Yours is happy. And I love that. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, thanks for that! I've been truly happy in that little corner to0! I enjoy preparing things for the ones I love.

      Delete
  2. I love your posts. They are inspirational. I think you are really qualified to motivate because you're dealing with the same things many of us deal with in a down to earth and real way.

    ReplyDelete