Saturday, March 9, 2019

A Week In Pictures


Found this shopping last weekend with my friends on the Vintage Shop Hop.  This is so what I do!   The other S word that should be on there is Sell it...(LOL).  Shannon's husband came up with that one.  I told him to Shush it...







"Where There's WOOL, There's A Way" in home needle felting party.  These were the 2 projects the hostess and I came up with.  


Our barn yard temperature - several mornings this week.  We are in a low area next to a little stream, it's always colder here.  



I've been doing a weekly giveaway on my business face book page.  This week is this little chick, her shell and 2 eggs all in this little vintage berry basket.  If you want to enter, click on Town Hall Trinkets on top of this page.  



I had 2 visits to the walk-in clinic.  Neither for my eye, rather for my ears.  Anyway, I still have a blood shot eye.  I also had a well woman mammogram.  My mom had breast cancer and had to have a double mastectomy.  Get checked and check yourselves ladies.  To round out a week of going to different appointments, I started physical therapy.  We figured that the root of my issue is from a dog bite I sustained while delivering an item a client's home - over 2 years ago.



I didn't do anything about it, on all accounts including taking it seriously.  Now, I'm down to less than 10% (actually I can't even do it so 0%) ability to lift off on that leg now.  There is nerve damage.  That is why I fell with that huge cupboard and why I keep falling.  That calf muscle is 1.5" smaller than the other.  It's part of my RECLAIM year!  I didn't post this for a woe is me type comments - just talking about my life and why we should take care of ourselves.






After so many classes in a row, my felting tub of roving was a mess.  I spent about 2 hours rewinding into balls, bagging similar colors and organizing.  I always tell my students, "don't toss out any pieces of roving, even the smallest pieces can be felted into something."  This is the something, tie dyed eggs.  This week also brought a new opportunity for me.  I was asked to be an exhibitor at Gallery 319 in Wausau.  I will also be teaching a class in May.  

Another snow storm is on it's way here today.  I have paperwork to do, I hate paperwork!  

What did your week bring?  Any fun plans for this weekend.  By the way, "Spring Forward" daylight savings tonight.  Have a great weekend!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. YIKES!!!! That is some bite! And to think a bite could cause that severe of nerve damage. I guess putting on our big girl panties isn’t always the best thing to do. :-(. Hope you can reclaim some strength there... The needle felting class looks fun...everyone looks so intense LOL! But their projects look like you taught them well! Sweet tie-dyed eggs. Hope you’re on your way to healing...eye, ear, leg...and all. Waiting for the storm to kick in...the winds certainly got a head start.... Happy Sunday-to-be.... Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not a fan of daylight savings time, and right now it comes too early in the season!!

    now that's a dog bite, i am afraid of dogs for just that reason!!!

    ReplyDelete